Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter

This guy needs to step upto the plate personally I don't think he can, from what I've seen so far not good enough for this league lets hope Ollie sorts him out or send him back to Germany.

Definitely good enough imo. He's a target man and we haven't been playing to his strengths.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Gone off the boil hasn't he? Needs an arm round him, and a strike partner in my opinion.

Little and large combo of Polter and Washington for me with Sylla as an impact sub. I'm really hoping that Ollie sees it that way too!

Comment

The goal he scored against Leeds shows he has the quality, just doesn't show it often enough, which I agree is probably because we don't play to his strengths. I think with balls going into the box he has the size and aggression to cause defenders problems and put it in the net. Just needs a bit of consistency

Comment

Big man / little man combo and consistent game time should sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Big man / little man combo and consistent game time should sort it out.
            To be honest, I think our squad is far better suited to a 4-4-2 anyway. Sometimes I feel like the only reason we've been playing 1 up top is to accommodate Chery in that number 10 position.

Comment

Originally posted by chalbury37 View Post
              This guy needs to step upto the plate personally I don't think he can, from what I've seen so far not good enough for this league lets hope Ollie sorts him out or send him back to Germany.
              Lost his place hasnt he?

Hard to step up when you aint playing.

"Send the bugger back, send the bugger back."

Comment

Any forward is only as good as his m/f and let's be fair what we've seen sofar they wouldn't know their ABC never mind about knowing what runs their forward makes or knowing where to put the ball for for the forward to make a run onto

Comment

I think Polter is ok tbh! He's definitely a decent squad player and cares about the shirt.

Agree with the others in the fact we haven't played a formation to many of our players strength. I think a switch to 4 4 2 will benefit a few players and not just Polter.

Comment

It's not just 2 up front (though its easier with a strike partnership) it's having players near enough to Polter to get the inevitable knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      It's not just 2 up front (though its easier with a strike partnership) it's having players near enough to Polter to get the inevitable knock down.
                      Absolutely ! Idris never had a good game against Brentford but I felt for him they kept hitting balls to him and then left him to battle the 2 centre back himself with no support been going every time I've watched our forwards have to make their own chances due to the lack of support 90% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Absolutely ! Idris never had a good game against Brentford but I felt for him they kept hitting balls to him and then left him to battle the 2 centre back himself with no support been going every time I've watched our forwards have to make their own chances due to the lack of support 90% of the time
                        Been happening for ages. Vaguely remember Austin making most of his goals himself !

Comment

Any forward is only as good as his m/f and let's be fair what we've seen sofar they wouldn't know their ABC never mind about knowing what runs their forward makes or knowing where to put the ball for for the forward to make a run onto
                          Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I think Polter is ok tbh! He's definitely a decent squad player and cares about the shirt.

Agree with the others in the fact we haven't played a formation to many of our players strength. I think a switch to 4 4 2 will benefit a few players and not just Polter.
                          Agree with all of that, I'm hoping Ian has seen this because I believe, if they play to his game, he'll score and become a fans favorite, I said it when he first joined and still stick to it.

Comment

Dont rate him one bit. His touch sometimes is embarrassing for a player at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              Dont rate him one bit. His touch sometimes is embarrassing for a player at this level.
                              And his lack of support leaves any loose ball going to the defends around him ! His poor touch might be due to a lack confidence trying to hard to get it right knowing he won't have any help , he's so isolated any error gets noticed

Comment

Working...
                              X