No announcement yet.

Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always liked polter and feel that he does have the potential to be a real good player and a cult hero for us. Hes easy to like, has moments of skill and tries hard which is the type of player ollie likes. I reckon ollie will get the best out of him for us imo

Comment

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Or something. It was obvious from the word go frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        To be honest, I think our squad is far better suited to a 4-4-2 anyway. Sometimes I feel like the only reason we've been playing 1 up top is to accommodate Chery in that number 10 position.
        Spot on.

JFH was sacrificing the team shape in order to accommodate Chery, who really was not justifying the decision in the way that Taarabt did for Warnock's team.

I still think that Sylla can so play alongside Polter, however, if it a choice between them, I'd select the former alongside Washington.

Comment

can't knock polter for his work rate , doesn't win enough balls in the air . his timing when jumping for long balls is all over the place , if more of the players had his passion we'd be higher up the table

Comment

He's not in the team at present so hard to criticise him

He is a target man so Ollie will want him as an option definatly

Comment

He'll improve under Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                if more of the players had his passion we'd be higher up the table
                Think we might need a little bit more than passion to climb the table

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                  He'll improve under Ollie.
                  if he was to improve he'd of done it under jimmy floyd and les two class forwards

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    if he was to improve he'd of done it under jimmy floyd and les two class forwards
                    Ferdinand don't take training and JFH likes to play his forwards on the wing

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Ferdinand don't take training and JFH likes to play his forwards on the wing
                      More or less what I was going to say Maids ! LF let JFH play his game and he was stubborn about one up and that was a game to far for our m/fielders , some of Polters best moves has been when he's gone wide and moved back in , it's been years now that we haven't seen opposing C/hs look good even not very good ones if we play two up any two from Idris Polter or Washington if you have m/ fielder pref Sandro who is more than capable of making charges up field with the ball that would allow your two forwards to both to move right and left ,or just one move wide taking the C/hs out of their comfort zones , to do this I would drop both Luongo and Chery having a m/f of Henry deep covering the backs cousins and Sandro maybe the French wideman and any two from the three up front
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 17-11-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                        Dont rate him one bit. His touch sometimes is embarrassing for a player at this level.
                        Agree he works hard enough but he couldn't trap a bag of cement awful touch (if he's got one)pretty poor

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          More or less what I was going to say Maids ! LF let JFH play his game and he was stubborn about one up and that was a game to far for our m/fielders , some of Polters best moves has been when he's gone wide and moved back in , it's been years now that we haven't seen opposing C/hs look good even not very good ones if we play two up any two from Idris Polter or Washington if you have m/ fielder pref Sandro who is more than capable of making charges up field with the ball that would allow your two forwards to both to move right and left ,or just one move wide taking the C/hs out of their comfort zones , to do this I would drop both Luongo and Chery having a m/f of Henry deep covering the backs cousins and Sandro maybe the French wideman and any two from the three up front
                          I don't think we'll be seeing Polter going wide dogs. He said in the latest Loftcast Ollie only wants him to be a target man and doesn't want him venturing outside the box.

Comment

I predict Polts will come good under Olly. What he should be doing is holding the ball up to bring in Sylla or Washington, providing knock downs they can score from and being the target man. I think this will happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              I don't think we'll be seeing Polter going wide dogs. He said in the latest Loftcast Ollie only wants him to be a target man and doesn't want him venturing outside the box.
                              No I mean with 2 up one or both can move can move wider to split the centre backs I don't mean to go to flank as a winger tho with two They can go wide to the flanks pulling their defenders wide with 2 up your target men can have more movement where as with just one up its more ridged and the one target or forward it leaves him battling two centre backs on most occasions , and none of our forwards are really good enough to play the lone target man

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                No I mean with 2 up one or both can move can move wider to split the centre backs I don't mean to go to flank as a winger tho with two They can go wide to the flanks pulling their defenders wide with 2 up your target men can have more movement where as with just one up its more ridged and the one target or forward it leaves him battling two centre backs on most occasions , and none of our forwards are really good enough to play the lone target man
                                Sure, if he goes 4-4-2, which is certainly not a given considering his last 2 clubs he played 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X