No announcement yet.

What an odd performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preston were bottom. Had lost their first three.

Comment

Awful, worst game in ages. Everyone had the hump and rightly so. But we should all have the hump not pleased cos we think its a game closer to sacking the manager, who really wants that, cos that means we have been crap
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-08-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Exactly it's offering excuses. Just call it what it was unacceptable performance no need for sugar coating
        We've used fewer players than any other team who has 6 points or more... Only Fulham has more players who have played every minute of the campaign so far. Our squad is reliant on consistency and being injury free. One of those has been the case so far. You can imagine that we'd have one more player on that list had Hall not been sent off.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We're in August two weeks into the season being tired is not an excuse so stop making them

Comment

At no point in that game were we in control. Be like midweek we never got the ball out wide and attack down flanks singers were totally redundant

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              We've used fewer players than any other team who has 6 points or more... Only Fulham has more players who have played every minute of the campaign so far. Our squad is reliant on consistency and being injury free. One of those has been the case so far. You can imagine that we'd have one more player on that list had Hall not been sent off.
              Tiredness is not an excuse this early on. Every other team has played as many games as us.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Tiredness is not an excuse this early on. Every other team has played as many games as us.
                I've just given a list of things that prove that "Every other team has played as many games as us" is not particularly valid compared to how much individuals have played. There are obviously other factors, like Perch being pants, Cousins not being a winger, Yeni not used to the pace here yet, but what I saw was players like Chery, Henry, etc, looking off the pace.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Jimmys saying we looked like we had a day less recovery time than them. Not having that to be honest,

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I've just given a list of things that prove that "Every other team has played as many games as us" is not particularly valid compared to how much individuals have played. There are obviously other factors, like Perch being pants, Cousins not being a winger, Yeni not used to the pace here yet, but what I saw was players like Chery, Henry, etc, looking off the pace.
                    Well we should maybe mix up the team a bit then. Personally I think they're knackered after a tough pre season

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Jimmys saying we looked like we had a day less recovery time than them. Not having that to be honest,
                      Sign of a bloke who hasn't a clue that it was his team selection, tactics and inability to change things at half time that were the problem.

What we want to hear of course is that if any of them perform to that level again, then their chances of first team starts will be greatly reduced. At least that sounds as though he cares, as opposed to fumbling around for the nearest excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Sign of a bloke who hasn't a clue that it was his team selection, tactics and inability to change things at half time that were the problem.

What we want to hear of course is that if any of them perform to that level again, then their chances of first team starts will be greatly reduced. At least that sounds as though he cares, as opposed to fumbling around for the nearest excuse.
                        I hear what your saying but would not go as far as to say he don't have a clue. Interesting last two games when we have lost though he has offered excuses instead of just saying today was poo and bad day at the office and we move on

Edit - just read his views from thread loftus road lad put up and there fair honest comments from Jimmy
                        Last edited by West Acton; 20-08-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

We also know playing 4 4 2 with bfg and washington wont work.
                          Amd we need Hall to play every single game.
                          Learnt a lot today.

Comment

I hear what your saying but would not go as far as to say he don't have a clue. Interesting last two games when we have lost though he has offered excuses instead of just saying today was poo and bad day at the office and we move on
                            Surely at half time though mate, he could have done something?

Oh well, at least Gladwin has has a day free of criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              We also know playing 4 4 2 with bfg and washington wont work.
                              Amd we need Hall to play every single game.
                              Learnt a lot today.
                              Biggest thing which came out for me today is just how much we miss a ball playing CM who can put his foot on ball pick a pass and dictate the play

Comment

Biggest thing which came out for me today is just how much we miss a ball playing CM who can put his foot on ball pick a pass and dictate the play
                                Praying its the pole mate. He has to start as soon as hes fit so we can see imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X