Conor Washington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Washington?

Can someone please explain where he fits into our squad, I see him wanting to leave if not already wanting too.

Er currently simply back up to Polter. I agree he may want to leave eventually but hopefully patient at the mo as still making step up leagues and learning.

Comment

he'll start wednesday i reckon , if he knocks in a couple will do him the world of good. suspensions, injuries to polter or to bring on if we need to score near the death

Comment

He will get his chance....Wednesday ?

Comment

would imagine he'll start against Swindon. Actually with the new signing it could well be worth a visit for you locals Wednesday
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Problem is JFH is not remotely interested in 2 up front, but whilst the BFG keeps doing the bizzo that will not change. 1 up front was dire to watch last season, but going on today's performance, we may now have the players to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              he'll start wednesday i reckon , if he knocks in a couple will do him the world of good. suspensions, injuries to polter or to bring on if we need to score near the death
              I'd give Polter a breather for Wednesday, surely we'll still have too much for Swindon without him?
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                I'd give Polter a breather for Wednesday, surely we'll still have too much for Swindon without him?
                please someone remind this man of last time we played swindon in the cup... or any lower league team in the cup

my best mate is a swindon fan and he frequently reminds me that they beat us last time around, really need to give em a good hiding this time for my sake!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  Can someone please explain where he fits into our squad
                  Back up to Polter, as others have said. Can't see a problem with that as you need two players for each position. No great mystery there.

It's only one game so no need to be concerned. It's a long season with plenty of games and he'll definitely get his chances. He's the type of player who'll want to fight for his place and I don't see him wanting a move. It's not as if he's dropped down a league. On the contrary, he's come up. Good to see him get his first goal which will have boosted his confidence too.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Can someone please explain where he fits into our squad, I see him wanting to leave if not already wanting too.
                    So why do people want another striker then myu, you need back ups for that position as they tend to get injured. We could even do with one more to sit on the bench with him..

Comment

Thing is also while i said in other posts earlier that i wouldn't have minded seeing Washington in place of Gladwin we now have Yeni to do it and there is no way he will chance playing them both up top and risk them both getting injured. i know if Polter gets injured Wash could do too at any point but i don't think he will risk it. If we manage to bring in another forward before the window shuts then we might see the odd change in formation

Comment

Silly question really,we have 2 strikers at the club,Polter and washington, most clubs have 4 or 5

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Silly question really,we have 2 strikers at the club,Polter and washington, most clubs have 4 or 5
                          Jimmy has come out and said were after another. Got to have options

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            surely we'll still have too much for Swindon without him?
                            Never assume anything when it comes to Rs, we could just as easily get turned over. I still think we're short up top, CW isn't fit for purpose - never seen anyone look as surprised as he did when one went in pre season - and JET has been (foolishly) deemed the same.

Anyone who would pick CW in front of Jet needs help imo, but that's another story.

Comment

CW is a good player, problem is our system doesn't suit him. We are setup to play around polter and his strength/height.
                              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                              Lovejoy: "No?!"
                              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X