Under 11s let in 29!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under 11s let in 29!

Not sure the result normally matters at the under 11 age, but Man City beat QPR 29 - 1!

Bit evil of the city coaches to allow that to happen to be honest. Can't be good for young kids to lose by that stupid amount.

Comment

I blame Evil Les and his cohorts.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Top coach with the kids is Ramsey eh

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Top coach with the kids is Ramsey eh
          Surely he ain't got nothing to do with under 11s

Comment

Lol... Yeah. I've seen them in action.. ####ing embarrasing. Not the kids, the coaches.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              He doesn't but anything for a point.

For the record, even a 29 goal loss is really not important. The only results that matter are first team. Anything below that is about setting challenges for the players, building them up. Their confidence won't alter, why would it? They have other things to consider like school.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Believe me Naz, that big a defeat will be with them forever. My kids play and when they lose they don't think about school.

Comment

Believe me Naz, that big a defeat will be with them forever. My kids play and when they lose they don't think about school.
                  It will hurt them, they will never live it down. And I remember when I was 10/11 I didn't give a #### about school and I was pony at football..
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I played cricket for an u13 team once, 20 over match. Shepherds Bush CC absolutely hammered us - one of their openers hit a century, I think they ended up on about 160-0. We got bowled out for about 40!! 2 decades on, the shame is still with me!!

Comment

I played for my school many many years ago as a midfielder, we were alright in general but we lost a few games 15-3, 20-1, etc. It happened, we also won a few by big margins. At a young age, the sheer volume of chances that happen makes big results more likely. You play lunchtime football at school and the result gets so bad that you change the teams up to balance things out, but it doesn't stay with you forever. It's an overreaction especially at a level where as I've said, players are told to their face that the result doesn't matter one bit.
                      Barcelona B's got relegated from the liga adelante last season and finished 11th in their group in the third division of spain this season. Next year, some of the players for that team will make it into the first team squad and the reason is because they learnt about the way to play football, not to play the result, but to play the sport. The first team is there for you to learn to win, the levels below, especially bl 00 dy under 11's at QPR, is to learn how to play.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        The only results that matter are first team.
                        Oh really? I thought you were all for development under this regime...... in fact, development has been cited as one of the reasons for continuing with the set up currently in place. And part of development means bringing youngsters through.

The U11s may not matter but you really can not write off all the results below the first team if you have the slightest interest in measuring progress within the club.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Oh really? I thought you were all for development under this regime...... in fact, development has been cited as one of the reasons for continuing with the set up currently in place. And part of development means bringing youngsters through.

The U11s may not matter but you really can not write off all the results below the first team if you have the slightest interest in measuring progress within the club.
                          You don't understand development clearly. Once again, I point you to La Masia and in particular to the greatest advocate of youth development, the late, great Johann Cruyff. He refused to point to the results of the teams below the first team as a signal of the quality of players. Youth levels should never look at results, they should look at player development. They are not linked, you have to understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            You don't understand development clearly. Once again, I point you to La Masia and in particular to the greatest advocate of youth development, the late, great Johann Cruyff. He refused to point to the results of the teams below the first team as a signal of the quality of players. Youth levels should never look at results, they should look at player development. They are not linked, you have to understand that.
                            coach ramsey is class. everyone wanted him you know.... we should be so greatful he chose to join us instead of all the other teams.

the future is bright, we only lost 29-1

#greatwithkids
                            #futureisbright
                            #inpeteacherwetrust
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Come on Mac you know he has everything to do with all levels , he is head of development and it's up to him to see players at every level receive the best coaching possible it's his job
                              As upper said the the coaching of these kids is a joke I have witnessed it as well , and isn't it what Ramsey was re employed to do oversee all levels of player development
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 14-06-2016, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X