Do we need to get relegated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to get relegated?

The expectations are way to high amongst the the fans. i think we need to stat again completely, the stick JFH is getting is a joke. We do no deserve to be anywhere near the premiership, look at the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Palace ETC. All went up doing it the right way, not spending massive sums of money. United across the the whole club. I don't post on here anymore as it is like being amongst a bunch of spoilt rich kids.

We need to get out of the media for a few years, keep our heads down and come back as the club we once were.
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Do we need to get relegated? Absolute tosh. How can there be a "right way" to get promoted? People always overcomplicate football. What are all these deep issues with our club? We always look at the negatives and think theworst because our first team is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
      The expectations are way to high amongst the the fans. i think we need to stat again completely, the stick JFH is getting is a joke. We do no deserve to be anywhere near the premiership, look at the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Palace ETC. All went up doing it the right way, not spending massive sums of money. United across the the whole club. I don't post on here anymore as it is like being amongst a bunch of spoilt rich kids.

We need to get out of the media for a few years, keep our heads down and come back as the club we once were.
      Agree with a lot of what your saying apart from us being relegated. Would be a disaster for the club and should never be wished for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        Agree with a lot of what your saying apart from us being relegated. Would be a disaster for the club and should never be wished for.
        Ditto this.

Sentiments are bang on mellow regarding fans expectations etc, we are like a bunch of spoilt children to be honest. Sod relegation though, would ruin us.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Clearly, what we need and what we want are two very different things. We would all prefer to watch PL football rather than League 1 football, but for the long term future of the club I would agree, we do need to go down and start again. Even at Championship level, lazy, disinterested players will stick around on big money; drop down another division however and they'll move on.

Bring in the likes of Furlong, Kpekwa, Robinson (once fit), Smithies, Grego-Cox, Gladwin etc....and don't drop them / loan them out after a handful of sub-par performances. Give them a chance to establish themselves as first team regulars (if they're good enough) in a division more suited to their current abilities. If we battle relegation from that division for a few years, so be it. Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forwards. Southampton should be the model that we adopt.

Unless something truly drastic changes at every level of the football club, we will never learn and never build. Relegation might be the sobering event that finally wakes up TF to the reality of owning this football club, LF to the reality that he needs to concentrate on young players, the current squad to the fact that they are no longer going to be allowed to sit on 40k a week doing sweet FA, and the fans that PL football is not in our best interests for the forseeable future.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 13-01-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Agree with the sentiment, but do not want us to get relegated. Would say that I do not want to get promoted for a couple of seasons though. Let the higher earners go and build a squad that is together and a club that is well run which can really challenge to stay in the Premier League

Comment

If there wernt serious financial implications for the club absolute this would be best for the club imho . It would weed out the wronguns who've started following rangers since 2011 and bring us all down to earth . As others have said it would be a disaster but the sentiments are right

Comment

#PrayForRelegation

Its going to be a tough job though lads, so much shite in this division and we really are going to have to get a lot worse to give you your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  #PrayForRelegation

Its going to be a tough job though lads, so much shite in this division and we really are going to have to get a lot worse to give you your dream.
                  Did you read the same OP that I did? Think the point he's making is that if it were to happen, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

No.

Dont think League 1 would be good for us at all. My expectations for JFH is mid table. I think thats fair and where we should be finishing this year. Anything below 16th I think is a real disappointment.

The JFH bashing in my mind is justified atm as the bloke has 0% win percentage and on top of that our performances are not up to much.

In a ideal world. We shift on a few players this month and bring 2 or 3 in. JFH gets that first win and we gain a bit of momentum and finish in a respectable league position and then we build again for next season in the summer.

However atm manager and the players are really letting us down and if it continues like this with out improvement over the next 8,9, 10 game then the club should look at whether JFH is up to the job. To early to look at that now and he still deserves more time.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      Did you read the same OP that I did? Think the point he's making is that if it were to happen, it could be a blessing in disguise.
                      I was replying to you saying 'I would agree we do need to go down and start again.'

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        No.

Dont think League 1 would be good for us at all.
                        PL and Championship football haven't exactly been a roaring success either. Something needs to change, regardless of which division we're in.
                        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 13-01-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I was replying to you saying 'I would agree we do need to go down and start again.'
                          Right, I think we do. Only because it's the quickest way to get rid of the freeloaders in the squad. If the club can achieve that in the Championship (which I don't think they can), then all the better. Playing in this division papers over the cracks at the club IMO.

Comment

Bet Jimmy gets rid of all of them when we finish in mid table mediocrity, you can quote me on that as well. We really really don't need to go down to do that.
                            You are going to see the most ruthless boss in years come out in this man is my guess.

Comment

Bet Jimmy gets rid of all of them when we finish in mid table mediocrity, you can quote me on that as well. We really really don't need to go down to do that.
                              You are going to see the most ruthless boss in years come out in this man is my guess.
                              If he is as ruthless as you think he is, he won't wait until the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X