Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neil Warnock to stay at QPR until end of November....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Warnock to stay at QPR until end of November....

Neil Warnock to stay at QPR until end of November...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nd-of-november

Oh well.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Good!
      Very sensible of the club imo. Read that theres been a lot of applicants for the job and that we're in the process of interviewing.... doing the right thing and not steaming in and appointing the 1st name.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Sort of related but a lot of people are complaining that we are taking too long with this process and they think we are losing managers as a result. Yet the last 3 appointments, people have complained that we have been too knee jerk with our decisions. Now we are actually taking our time and we know the club is interviewing people, and some will still find some way to complain about it.

I think we are doing a great thing with this decision to take time, give Neil time to instil confidence into the side, and hand the reigns over to someone who will use the positive energy we will hopefully build up and take us forward as a result.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Fine by me.

Comment

good to see we are taking our time and good move by the club.

Only criticism is why did we come out a week or so ago and say "we will be appointing a manager in the international break". There was no need to say anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              good to see we are taking our time and good move by the club.

Only criticism is why did we come out a week or so ago and say "we will be appointing a manager in the international break". There was no need to say anything at all.
              Did we though? Or was it just paper talk?

The reason I doubt it is because Lee Hoos said at the fans forum last week that NW had a contract until the end of November.

Comment

Ramsey knee jerk ! Do me a favour they fart arrrsed about for 3 months while a top target Qpr fan slipped through our fingers , thats the very reason some can see us getting 2nd best again

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Sort of related but a lot of people are complaining that we are taking too long with this process and they think we are losing managers as a result. Yet the last 3 appointments, people have complained that we have been too knee jerk with our decisions. Now we are actually taking our time and we know the club is interviewing people, and some will still find some way to complain about it.

I think we are doing a great thing with this decision to take time, give Neil time to instil confidence into the side, and hand the reigns over to someone who will use the positive energy we will hopefully build up and take us forward as a result.

Ok, I guess you´re spot on. Personally, I didnt look at it that way. I just hope Pearson will "stay away" from Fulham. He is the one we should get in, IMO.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Sounds like the Ramsey situation again, give someone the job as a temp and then give it to him full time if it's not a disaster.

Are we one of the only clubs that doesn't line up another manager before we sack the current one ? If it is going to take at least until the end of November then clearly they don't know who there no.1 target is or are going for someone too good for us like Rodgers or Moyes.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Ramsey knee jerk ! Do me a favour they fart arrrsed about for 3 months while a top target Qpr fan slipped through our fingers , thats the very reason some can see us getting 2nd best again
                      Exactly the reaction I said I'd expect. Literally word for word the reaction I stated above. For the record, HR left on the 3rd of February, CR officially took over on the 12th. 9 days. Hardly a long time.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                        Sounds like the Ramsey situation again, give someone the job as a temp and then give it to him full time if it's not a disaster.

Are we one of the only clubs that doesn't line up another manager before we sack the current one ? If it is going to take at least until the end of November then clearly they don't know who there no.1 target is or are going for someone too good for us like Rodgers or Moyes.
                        It's called an interview process, something football isn't used to but is a regular in every other industry as I'm sure you know. They had someone lined up in NW who is a good short term solution, now we get people who want to be here to work for us to come and interview and tell the people in charge why they should be in charge. Much better than just going on the media favourites.

Comment

Chris Ramsey was sacked 13 days ago, almost two weeks, and it's going to take another 2 weeks to find someone. Who spends 4 weeks interviewing candidates for a mangers job ? Initial soundings and interviews should have been carried out before Chris was sacked as is the norm. I would wait a long time for the right person but anyone would be a gamble.

Comment

I'm sure Ramsey wasn't given the Job permenanly straight away.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              I'm sure Ramsey wasn't given the Job permenanly straight away.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                              As I said above, it was officially completed within 9 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X