No announcement yet.

Do you think fans are partly to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think fans are partly to blame?

Firstly, I have had a season ticket for 19 out of the last 25 seasons. So yes I am a real fan.
    About four or five years back I was sitting in R block, and first started to notice a lot more abuse levelled at our own players. One or two people at first, but increasing in numbers and volume.
    I have since made a point of sitting in different areas of the ground, and noticed the abuse is all over the ground, and getting worse
    At the Blackburn game a few weeks back some of the abuse levelled at our own players, specifically at Chery was awful. He clearly heard it and the looked annoyed. It's not the odd isolated 'fan', it seems to have spread to become the norm to get on our own teams back.
    Yes we have had some poor football to watch, there are players I don't rate, and some that I don't like. Also some of the managers decisions have left a lot to be desired.
    But abusing your own players makes no sense (Bosingwa excepted. His attitude was unacceptable at any level)
    We complain bitterly that when we buy players they seem to get worse, not better virtually every time. Could that be because of the atmosphere they are playing in?
    In the early 90's with the likes of Andy Sinton, Les, Macca etc the atmosphere was fantastic, the players we were bringing in found it easy to play and the opposition hated coming to loftus road. We turned ordinary players into good players and easily held our own in the premier league with a small average at best squad.
    Nowdays the atmosphere is very poor with supposedly much better players.
    Yes we as a club have been run badly in many people's eyes. It has been a roller coaster of a journey with expectation, and results rarely matching up.
    I can't help feeling that an atmosphere such as the one generated for the Chelsea game would get much more from the players, and much less from the opposition.
    It's hard to generate that sort of atmosphere every week, but it sure beats sitting there hearing your own players getting slated by there own fans.
    I guess my point is a lot of our own fans are contributing to our own downfall, yes you pay your money so have a right to voice an opinion, but the abuse young Chery got that night was not deserved. And I bet it made him try harder!!!
    Just an opinion..

I find it hard to disagree with any of that.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That can't help can it. I must admit I haven't heard any of it in R block where I sit now but there was plenty in X block

Comment

i think if the players cared half as much about the club than we do I don't think there will be an issue.

I do not agree with the abuse but to blame the fans is wrong. They couldn't give a #### about us anyway.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          i think if the players cared half as much about the club than we do I don't think there will be an issue.

I do not agree with the abuse but to blame the fans is wrong. They couldn't give a #### about us anyway.
          But we aren't showing we care without making the right sort of noise. There is a difference imo between caring through anger and caring through passion. A lot of fans mix that up and create hostility towards the player.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Clearly abuse can't help, but to see supposedly professional footballers performing to the level they regularly do is frustrating in the extreme.

Rob Green doesn't have to boot the ball out for a throw in, when there is an option to play it long and forward, same as his kicks forward are allowed to stay on the pitch.

Defenders don't have to play the ball out for corners or throws to the opposition when just leaving well alone will result in a goal kick to us.

Midfielders should be able to pass to each other with more accuracy and not dither on the ball for so long that an opponent nicks it off them or they are forced to rush a pass.

And forwards ought to be able to at least get shots on target from within 20 yards as opposed to 15 feet wide or 5 feet high.

These are basic things. And if they could do them properly and consistently, I for one would feel a lot less aggrieved with them.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              But we aren't showing we care without making the right sort of noise. There is a difference imo between caring through anger and caring through passion. A lot of fans mix that up and create hostility towards the player.
              Course we aren't Nas, them poor #######s earning 20-70k a week. I will remember that the next time I'm LR.. Think we should have a whip round and send a bouquet of flowers to tell them how sorry we are and it won't happen again.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Clearly abuse can't help, but to see supposedly professional footballers performing to the level they regularly do is frustrating in the extreme.

Rob Green doesn't have to boot the ball out for a throw in, when there is an option to play it long and forward, same as his kicks forward are allowed to stay on the pitch.

Defenders don't have to play the ball out for corners or throws to the opposition when just leaving well alone will result in a goal kick to us.

Midfielders should be able to pass to each other with more accuracy and not dither on the ball for so long that an opponent nicks it off them or they are forced to rush a pass.

And forwards ought to be able to at least get shots on target from within 20 yards as opposed to 15 feet wide or 5 feet high.

These are basic things. And if they could do them properly and consistently, I for one would feel a lot less aggrieved with them.
                You know what's frustrating is knowing the players can do better.. Chery for example, #### hot the first few games and know it's like he don't give a ####.

Trying hard is the least I expect.. But all of these have played well for prev clubs, in this division and earning massive wages. They should be playing to there potential.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I know it's frustrating and you want to vent your anger , but I have been saying for a while it's shortsighted to blame the players this season ,yes we have a few steamers but surely saturday against Preston the sudden imput of enthusiasm 1st half tells us all most of the players must have been as frustrated as us

Comment

I can remember standing in the paddock as a youngster and hearing Macca, God rest his soul, getting plenty of abuse as he was just starting to break into the first team and had a few shaky performances. It's always been an issue at most clubs but it does seem to be getting worse.
                    Maybe the money paid to footballers has something to do with it, that and the fact that some of them seem to love letting us know how rich they are with pictures of themselves surrounded by champagne and bimbo's.
                    It's easy to tar them all with the same brush but fans should try and differentiate between the ones that are trying but either don't have the legs anymore or the technical ability and those €unts who just can't be ar$ed, they are the ones who are really mugging us off, ala Bosingwa.
                    The ones that are just not good enough should be left well alone. All it does is crush their confidence, how's that going to help them or the team. The ones that can't be bothered to perform, let em have it, they are a disgrace to the shirt.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

Yep as fans I personally think were some of the most spoilt and ungrateful out there.

We demand change get the change we want then moan that don't work blame everyone but ourselves then demand change again. The problem is we have owners who try and appease the fans instead of saying f uck off we run this club and we will run it our way

Them trying to keep fans happy and onside has been detrimental to clubs running.

We think were top fans but were not anymore we slate Fulham but in my view we might have bigger numbers then them but when it comes to vocal support etc were no better then them were S hit

Comment

N
                        Originally posted by brightonr View Post

And it isn't too much to expect a corner to clear the near post; to keep possession from a throw in; a free kick to be delivered in to a dangerous area once in a while; to win a second ball occasionally - attacking or defending, and it isn't too much to expect players to chase back hard when a move breaks down. Yes, we do have some ########s in our ranks but for a small club never likely to win much we have a loyal bunch of supporters entitled to their opinion and why not vent your frustration? My customers tell me what they think if my company lets them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          N

And it isn't too much to expect a corner to clear the near post; to keep possession from a throw in; a free kick to be delivered in to a dangerous area once in a while; to win a second ball occasionally - attacking or defending, and it isn't too much to expect players to chase back hard when a move breaks down. Yes, we do have some ########s in our ranks but for a small club never likely to win much we have a loyal bunch of supporters entitled to their opinion and why not vent your frustration? My customers tell me what they think if my company lets them down.
                          And your customers do that by telling you to fu€k off because your a useless no good €unt, whilst your surrounded by your colleagues and other customers ?
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Yep as fans I personally think were some of the most spoilt and ungrateful out there.

We demand change get the change we want then moan that don't work blame everyone but ourselves then demand change again. The problem is we have owners who try and appease the fans instead of saying f uck off we run this club and we will run it our way

Them trying to keep fans happy and onside has been detrimental to clubs running.

We think were top fans but were not anymore we slate Fulham but in my view we might have bigger numbers then them but when it comes to vocal support etc were no better then them were S hit
                            You can hardly say spoilt. Yes we can remember the great late 80s-90s but the fans younger than 30 have been given 1 great day. Realistic pls west.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                              And your customers do that by telling you to fu€k off because your a useless no good €unt, whilst your surrounded by your colleagues and other customers ?
                              If you did the job that you are paid to do properly there would be no need for critisism.
                              These players are paid handsomly to do a job,

You dont expect your plumber or electrician to screw up just because you are not nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X