No announcement yet.

Chery deserves a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder who the Blackburn defenders preferred playing against, him or Mackie?

Comment

We're doing to Chery what we've done to so many other promising players over the years. Play them out of position until their confidence is totally shot and then blame them for being a crap player, Hoilet is a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
        We're doing to Chery what we've done to so many other promising players over the years. Play them out of position until their confidence is totally shot and then blame them for being a crap player, Hoilet is a prime example.
        Chery = Vargas.

Comment

What's his position then? Seems to be rotating in all 3 spots behind the striker.
          BTW 4 2 3 1 needs a hold up & lay man to make it work , Charlie ain't that man, but lets persist with it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
            What's his position then? Seems to be rotating in all 3 spots behind the striker.
            BTW 4 2 3 1 needs a hold up & lay man to make it work , Charlie ain't that man, but lets persist with it anyway.
            I'd say he's a central player, certainly been most effective for us while playing just behind CA where as out wide (previous 2 games) he just doesn't know what to do.

Comment

It's early days, he's just moved to a new league/country and I'm sure he'll improve. We've got a lot of players underfeeding at the moment.

Definitely more of a #10 than a winger, but we've got a lot of competition for that role and no better options on the left.

Comment

I'd say he's a central player, certainly been most effective for us while playing just behind CA where as out wide (previous 2 games) he just doesn't know what to do.
                Long queue of people wanting that 10 role, & Fer is back soon & it will be his .
                BTW that 4 2 3 1 needs at least 2 of the 3 to be box to box workaholics, hence Mackie getting in my team, we have too many passengers ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Think Luongo is a gem. I would be tempted to give a free role
                  Luongo lost the ball more than any player on the pitch yesterday. Would rather play him in the role we used to play Diakite before he broke down. Having him deeper next to someone like sandro will be great for us because of his energy.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Long queue of people wanting that 10 role, & Fer is back soon & it will be his .
                    BTW that 4 2 3 1 needs at least 2 of the 3 to be box to box workaholics, hence Mackie getting in my team, we have too many passengers ATM.
                    That's just not the case. The people who need energy are the 2 behind. That is where our issue was.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      That's just not the case. The people who need energy are the 2 behind. That is where our issue was.
                      Seems to me they can't neglect the defensive side, or the space in behind them gets exploited, exposing the full backs , & it takes plenty of hard work getting up & down. But I'm no expert like yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Luongo lost the ball more than any player on the pitch yesterday. Would rather play him in the role we used to play Diakite before he broke down. Having him deeper next to someone like sandro will be great for us because of his energy.
                        Loses the ball more than anyone else and then you want to put him in a deep CM role.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Loses the ball more than anyone else and then you want to put him in a deep CM role.....
                          He loses it because his position relies on him to run with the ball. Playing him deeper makes him release the ball earlier and hassle the opposition. Basically taking advantage of his energy over his dribbling.

Comment

Seems to me they can't neglect the defensive side, or the space in behind them gets exploited, exposing the full backs , & it takes plenty of hard work getting up & down. But I'm no expert like yourself!
                            That's the job of those two cm's. With the right players in there, what you will see is that they run and cover all the backline. Everyone drops deeper but they win the ball back and if they don't, their job is to make it easier for the defence (full backs included) to do so. Having two slow players who can't close down makes this impossible and makes it appear like the upper 3 aren't doing their job but tactically, they shouldn't be defending that deep anyways. Imagine the harassment CR would get if Phillips won the ball deep and there was no one ahead of him because our other wide man is too deep. He'd lob it up and people would say that's the style CR wants us to play.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I think Lunago playing deeper getting on ball and driving carrying it forwards could work instead of both of them playing high.
                              And this I agree with ...isn't that how we had at the start?

Comment

He's a left winger, we are playing him on the wing, rotating with Phillips- can't see how we are playing him out of position?
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X