The Rooney Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
    The point is it is broke. It is withhout argument that ethnic minorities are woefully under represented within the coaching and management of football within this country. As for the point regarding supporters, that is not an issue -

"while 11% were from an ethnic minority. The significance of that figure is that ethnic minorities actually make up 8% of the wider population. So they enjoy greater representation at Premier League games than in society as a whole."

Source - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...r-all-....html
    well get the percentages that you're so fond of in supporting your argument and tell me how many black applicants there are for managers jobs how many get interviews and how many get jobs?. Could well be that all black applicants have got the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Finger is Hovering Hove
      Was going to do it last night Stan but thought I would see if it escalates any further mate. Has definitely become a slug out

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Best person for the job. End of.
        Was that ever Ramsey? I'm not suggesting for a second that he got the job because of his ethnicity (clearly it was more a question of nepotism), but I'm afraid that by no descernible measure was Ramsey the right fit for QPR. Nothing that I have seen in the 9 months that he has been in charge has questioned me to think otherwise either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Of the 230 clubs that make up the seven tiers of English football below the top flight, only 14 have black managers (6.09%).

And in the premier league it's 0%
          The question you have to ask yourself is - There may be disproportionately fewer black manager than white managers in English football (and indeed throughout Europe), but how many Black managers are actually out of work? I would suggest that the number is very low. There simply aren't very many black managers to begin with, which is really the issue that needs addressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
            There simply aren't very many black managers to begin with, which is really the issue that needs addressing.
            And one could argue that the reasons why there aren't many entering the profession to begin with is precisely the nub of this debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Forgive me, but if the wider population is made up of only 8%, why are those seeking change in your link seeking 20% ?
              I believe the 20% comes from the percentage of players rather than the percentage of population.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                well get the percentages that you're so fond of in supporting your argument and tell me how many black applicants there are for managers jobs how many get interviews and how many get jobs?. Could well be that all black applicants have got the job
                Fill your boots - here's a list of all who have gained a UEFA pro licence in England - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...FA_Pro_Licence

Comment

• Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                  Fill your boots - here's a list of all who have gained a UEFA pro licence in England - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...FA_Pro_Licence
                  Ok now which ones are black, which ones applied for which jobs, and which ones got an interview?

Comment

• Here's a post by Hove from the 'It's Corbyn' thread, which could equally apply here:

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
                    If he ever does become PM (which Im not massively confident of) it will be a token gesture, similar to Obama rather than on merit. An asian, son of a bus driver will not become PM unless the powers that be wish it so. Meritocracy is a fallacy!
                    Who's to say that similar 'powers that be' aren't at play in this arena too?....With meritocracy being just as much of a fallacy?...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      And one could argue that the reasons why there aren't many entering the profession to begin with is precisely the nub of this debate.
                      Right, which is exactly why I added that it needs addressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        Right, which is exactly why I added that it needs addressing.
                        Its a circular argument mate. You won't get more black people applying to be a manager if so few fail to be appointed and it becomes widely believed that black people are discriminated against.

Comment

Working...
                        X