No announcement yet.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one knows where we'll finish the season. Personally, I'm hoping for a top six finish.

The annoying thing is reading fans writing us off before the season's started! We've got a good chance of top six, dependent on who leaves and who comes in, but as it stands at the moment, we're not in bad shape.

Just get behind the team and hope for the best.

You Rsss!!!
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
      Really looking forward to the season come what may. The negative on here are deluded if they think we can walk back into the prem. Massive overhaul from top to bottom, will take 3-5 seasons to see us right. How about embracing the changes, having a bit of paitence and stop whinging like a tart ??
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Exactly.......ANYTHING can happen.......so why all the ganging up on those that can see nothing but trouble ahead?...Oh yeah cause
        it don't fit your fluffy wuffy cosy world......
        Dave, it's not a matter of "ganging up" as you put it.

There are plenty of people on here that think Ramsey is a good coach and he is preparing us well, with a proper long term outlook to cope with the future. Likewise, there are those that haven't been impressed with him so far, or our chaiman and fear for the long term future of the club. Who's to say one side is right and the other side is wrong? Only time will tell.

Debating these things is what this forum is about, not agreeing with people for the sake of it. I really do think that the biggest problem from some of the more negative ones though, is the insistence in keeping on about it almost constantly, rather than the fact they have genuine concerns. Pretty sure that attempts to discuss things in a slightly more positive manner, ie looking for the good bits as well as opposed to just the bad, would improve the chances of a far more productive debate.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          ...the season ahead will be a disaster if hoping for promot.
          To heck with the coffee, I'm in the middle of a nice little dream. It involves silverware in May...

Reality will hit soon enough, I don't feel the need to rush it along.

#keepthepreseasondelusiongoingforaslongaspossible
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Well see......give it a few games and a few defeats and posters like you will be on here saying exactly the same and crying that "Ramsey clueless", and "well at least
            we gave him some games before turning on him". You are the deluded one....3 yrs and you think we'll get back?....We'll be well out of the running by then, unable to compete
            with the teams and the parachute payments....
            Btw if you don't like other opinions praps you should talk to yourself in the mirror......or california, you could get a room together...get married...although northern Ireland
            might not be a good venue!
            Well said.
            My vision of how this will turn out is that QPR will struggle this season get relegated within 3 years then the owners will give up and sell the club.
            The writing seems to be on the wall. They are not spending money in pre season and instead are giving players trials who is Grant Hall? Players like Scorch
            Signing youth in the hope that a) Ramsey can develop them b) manage them. And they base this faith on what, Harry Kane and Mason? Perhaps they wete good prospects who signed for their local big club with a good youth set up, becausr one thing is sure, Ramsey did not discover them.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Dave, it's not a matter of "ganging up" as you put it.

There are plenty of people on here that think Ramsey is a good coach and he is preparing us well, with a proper long term outlook to cope with the future. Likewise, there are those that haven't been impressed with him so far, or our chaiman and fear for the long term future of the club. Who's to say one side is right and the other side is wrong? Only time will tell.

Debating these things is what this forum is about, not agreeing with people for the sake of it. I really do think that the biggest problem from some of the more negative ones though, is the insistence in keeping on about it almost constantly, rather than the fact they have genuine concerns. Pretty sure that attempts to discuss things in a slightly more positive manner, ie looking for the good bits as well as opposed to just the bad, would improve the chances of a far more productive debate.
              I agree, but those of us who dont think the future is bright or orange, get knocked down as if we are all meant to be happy clappy sing along fans.

Comment

I agree, but those of us who dont think the future is bright or orange, get knocked down as if we are all meant to be happy clappy sing along fans.
                Well, you shouldn't be. Let's face it, TF and co. have made their fair share of mistakes, certainly enough of them for some people to be sceptical. But being negative all the time, just for the sake of it, gets to everybody. Hence all the in-fighting.

Comment

Well said.
                  My vision of how this will turn out is that QPR will struggle this season get relegated within 3 years then the owners will give up and sell the club.
                  The writing seems to be on the wall. They are not spending money in pre season and instead are giving players trials who is Grant Hall? Players like Scorch
                  Signing youth in the hope that a) Ramsey can develop them b) manage them. And they base this faith on what, Harry Kane and Mason? Perhaps they wete good prospects who signed for their local big club with a good youth set up, becausr one thing is sure, Ramsey did not discover them.
                  And which hallucinogenic drugs were you taking when you had your vision?

Surely you know the majority of serious business gets done towards the end of the window? Remy was a good example last season. Players and agents wait to see what offers come in. Clubs wait to see who might be available. That will tell you why Charlie and Fer are still with us.

Still a long way to go in the transfer window. I'm positive we'll get more defenders and strikers. Then we'll have a better idea how things might go after a couple of months. No need to give up when the season's not even started.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Rich mate, only other clubs can get players last minute and improve their squad, we cannot, thats the rules on here! All our best player have gone nowhere yet but we are not getting anyone! Thats how it is, wake up and smell the coffee please

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      And which hallucinogenic drugs were you taking when you had your vision?

Surely you know the majority of serious business gets done towards the end of the window? Remy was a good example last season. Players and agents wait to see what offers come in. Clubs wait to see who might be available. That will tell you why Charlie and Fer are still with us.

Still a long way to go in the transfer window. I'm positive we'll get more defenders and strikers. Then we'll have a better idea how things might go after a couple of months. No need to give up when the season's not even started.
                      In the meantime we need to make sure we get enough points to get a good start, it will also affect the players we attract on the last day of the window.

If we're near the top we'll attract different players to what we will if we're mid table or bottom. (fingerscrossed)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Hope we have 2 seasons in the Championship, stabilise, get back to being normal, prepare ourselves properly on and off the pitch, and then go for a promotion push.

Praying we don't go up, and 99% sure we don't have the minerals to anyway.
                        My thoughts exactly.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          My thoughts exactly.
                          And me.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            No one knows where we'll finish the season. Personally, I'm hoping for a top six finish.

The annoying thing is reading fans writing us off before the season's started! We've got a good chance of top six, dependent on who leaves and who comes in, but as it stands at the moment, we're not in bad shape.

Just get behind the team and hope for the best.

You Rsss!!!
                            Good post!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              My thoughts exactly.
                              Me too but I don't want us to finish bottom half, I'd like to get to the play off's and then build on that the year after. We got promoted to early last time and it cost us.

The players need at least two seasons together, then watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                And me.
                                Not me, with this set up if we get up first attempt they will make certain they are ready! But at the same time if we don't it's not the end of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X