X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't believe Bournemouth bid fark all

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      I'm confused (not unusual) by the talk of bidding wars and starting prices - we either accept a bid or we don't. If we accept a £15m bid from one club, nobody is going to offer more are they? We are not going to turn down any other bids of £15m are we?

I thought we just accept all bids that meet our valuation and then it's up to Charlie to talk personal terms and decide who wins.....
      Exactly right! We can't change our asking price now or we would lose all credibility and likely not receive any further bids. We will accept all bids at £15m and Charlie will decide where he wants to go.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

How many actual serious bids of any price from any clubs yet? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          How many actual serious bids of any price from any clubs yet? Anyone know?
          I'm sure I read somewhere that Chris Ramsey has said no official bids have been made as of yet.

Comment

So the whole premiership knows he can be brought for 15 million but nobody is rushing to come and get him asap in case someone else gets in before them, not looking to good for him is it. Someone will get him, but he's not exactly being sought after is he
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 05-07-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Who knows what's going on. It's all talk at the moment, until it's on the official website I would take everything said with a pinch of salt.

I just hope it isn't a last minute deadline day deal and we have to wait to use the money from the sale in January when we still need to bring some quality in this window.

Comment

personally I'd bite someone's hand off for 14mil for Austin. I don't think his all round game is that good for a PL striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Wegerle's barnet View Post
                  personally I'd bite someone's hand off for 14mil for Austin. I don't think his all round game is that good for a PL striker.
                  not good enough for the top 8 sides but a top, top striker for the remaining clubs in the Premiership. Good enough to be the difference in keeping a side up. So well worth all of £15m
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    Exactly right! We can't change our asking price now or we would lose all credibility and likely not receive any further bids. We will accept all bids at £15m and Charlie will decide where he wants to go.
                    I thought it was said we want at least £15mill. Les hasn't come out publicly and named a price I don't think...unless i missed it.
                    Btw we could always keep him

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      We don't have to accept what the asking price is though do we.

Just like selling a house, the asking price could be say £500k a gaff, but nowadays more than likely to get more than the asking price if there is sufficient demand (which there is for Charlie).

To be honest I couldn't give a flying one about credibility or ethics or any of that fluffy stuff, just want to get the best deal possible for our club.

Should have put the price at OIEO £15m!

Comment

Where is this demand you talk of? Not one single club has made an official bid, not even a pish take low ball bid

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Where is this demand you talk of? Not one single club has made an official bid, not even a pish take low ball bid
                          I thought we turned down Leicester's 12m bid. I know it was only what was reported but not sure what else you can use to base an opinion on?

What is your definition of an official bid as I wouldn't expect the club to announce every bid we receive for a player?

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                            I thought we turned down Leicester's 12m bid. I know it was only what was reported but not sure what else you can use to base an opinion on?

What is your definition of an official bid as I wouldn't expect the club to announce every bid we receive for a player?
                            Exactly, there could of been several official bids already but we will never know until it's actually a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                              To be honest I couldn't give a flying one about credibility or ethics or any of that fluffy stuff, just want to get the best deal possible for our club.
                              Agree with you on this. Money plays a big part in football so why shouldn't we push to get more?

Comment

On another thread I asked has anyone made an actual bid and was told Ramsey said nobody has made an official bid ! And for those asking an official bid is someone at the top of a club ringing someone at the top of our club and saying we want to buy him and here is how much we want to pay . Not a rumour in a newspaper that the club then comes out and denies

Comment

Working...
                                X