Next Manager if we go down ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    I think ramsey deserves his chance tbh but I wouldn't be against warburton as manager of Ramsey was his assistant.

If we relegate ramsey to far down the pay scale he'll be snapped up by villa. Still think it's harsh to judge ramsey to much on the back of him inheriting this team.
    Don't think the bloke deserves much blame for this season - I think anyone with even a modicum of common sense would attribute our relegation to Redknapp. With that said, I'm a firm believer in round pegs in round holes...if the guy is a youth coach, have him coaching the youth team. If he feels it's beneath him or that he can get a better job elsewhere, then give him a handshake, a thank you and a P45. We need to start properly getting our house in order, which involves employees of the club a) being competent in what they do b) enjoying what they do and c) putting the interests of the club before their own. Maybe he will go on to be a respected manager in the game, obviously at this stage that is up in the air. I just think there are better options out there at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Would you keep Ramsey if we did stay up though?
      He'll yeah lol!

Mate wouldn't you? Look at the mess we have been. All year on and off the pitch and now look at our position now. If ramsey keeps us up he's a genius.

Like I just posted personally think ramsey is the way forward. Need to build for the future now and we need a new mentality at the club. You can see what him and les want To achieve.

Comment

He'll yeah lol!

If ramsey keeps us up he's a genius.
        You still a believer?

Comment

I would like to see how CR does in the championship, if not then my choice would be Mick Mcarthy all day. He has spent only £10 thousand pounds on his squad at Ipswich and they are on the verge of the playoffs.
          He has a history of getting up from the championship and staying up apart from one bad year with wolves, and look what happened to them when he was gone. He could be tempted by actually having access to a transfer budget.
          Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            You still a believer?
            Right now, no. But I'm still throwing a massive child strop we didn't beat the hammers today. But come tomorrow though up against it a little but of me will still be dreaming if the great escape.

Liverpool aren't up to much atm and went by a but quiet today but I believe west brim held them to a 0-0. There seasons over and qpr do love to do it the hard way.

Comment

No way Ramsey good coach but no manager, look at today's team selection 4 centre halfs 3 defensive midfield players for a game we had to win, and we don't need Les director of football, always a problem with who ever is the manager, the manager should have the say what players come in, not the director of football saying no you can't buy that player but I want you to buy this one which the manager does not want.

Comment

Right now, no. But I'm still throwing a massive child strop we didn't beat the hammers today. But come tomorrow though up against it a little but of me will still be dreaming if the great escape.

Liverpool aren't up to much atm and went by a but quiet today but I believe west brim held them to a 0-0. There seasons over and qpr do love to do it the hard way.
                Dont wanna see Chelscum win the League, but if they secure it before we play Man City it could work in our favour.
                City players won't give a sh*t then.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                  Dont wanna see Chelscum win the League, but if they secure it before we play Man City it could work in our favour.
                  City players won't give a sh*t then.
                  West ham give s hit today and it made no difference.

Comment

Since the day Fernandes walked through the door at LR his biggest weakness has always been naive and poorly researched & advised appointments. He admits to having learnt from his mistakes, but can we honestly say we've seen tangible evidence of this? DOF Les Ferdinand now wants CR to stay on as head-coach, regardless of our fate this season, and he now has a lot of influential sway with TF, who appointed Les largely because he knew it would be popular with the fanbase, but not necessarily the most astute appointment in terms of experience. Through the club's ensuing power-struggle Les has now been indirectly responsible for the departures of first Beard and then Redknapp. The question is - will the retention of Ramsey be a step too far?...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      West ham give s hit today and it made no difference.
                      Should have had 3 points though.
                      Austin should have scored, and the Dunne goal should have been allowed.

Basically, we have been sh*t this season and deserve to be where we are, and won't get any help from Refs as every non R wants us to go down and see us go through sh*t anyway.

Comment

Since Ramsey has been in charge he has picked up one point at home, just not good enough has made to many mistakes with his team selection like today and some of his subs have been strange does one in a game we are losing with a minute to go all he done was run down the clock, he is no manager full stop, with him in charge in the championship we will be heading for Division one.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          Since Ramsey has been in charge he has picked up one point at home, just not good enough has made to many mistakes with his team selection like today and some of his subs have been strange does one in a game we are losing with a minute to go all he done was run down the clock, he is no manager full stop, with him in charge in the championship we will be heading for Division one.
                          That's rubbish imo. The bloke inherited a crap team that's not prem standard and has done the best he can. Most weeks he's gone with the best 11 possible and tried to use players who care and youth when possible.

Yesterday's selection was questionable but on another day we should of won that game. Austins penalty. Zamora should of had 1 at least. I think the goal should of stood and Adrian was proper on it.

Can't judge a guy on a team that's not his. What I judge him on is the way we have played under him his philosophies and how certain players have started to improve under him.

Half the players won't be at qpr next year. We will keep the gems and surround them with better players. Ramsey deserves a shot to mould this tea, and build for the future..

Don't want no big time Charlie anymore we been down this route and it doesn't work. Ramsey and Les care about qpr and want to build sensibly for the future. Why would we turn our nose up to that.

This isn't Ramseys tea,he wouldn't want half the players. He's having to make do.

Comment

. Zamora should of had 1 at least. I think the goal should of stood and Adrian was proper on it..
                            Saw the goal again this morning and cant see what Caulker done wrong and if anything its a foul on Caulker from Adrian as when he is falling he deliberately drags him to the floor so had it not gone in should have been another pen

Bobby and his pass back shot early second half was shocking

Comment

MICK MCCARTHY, He has spent only £10 thousand pounds on his squad at Ipswich using youth, lower league scouted bargains and a couple of loan players and they are on the verge of the playoffs for the 2nd successive season.
                              He has a history of getting up from the championship and staying up apart from one bad year with wolves, and look what happened to them when he was gone. He could be tempted by actually having access to a transfer budget.

More detailed history from wiki

1993-94 finished 3rd in championship with Millwall losing in playoffs to Derby.
                              In 1996 he left Millwall 14 points clear of relegation (although they still went down without him) to take the Republic of Ireland job.

1996 became Republic of Ireland boss. Narrowly missed out on qualification to 1998 world cup and 2000 euros, 2002 qualified for world cup and made it past group stages losing to Spain on penalties after missing a penalty during the game. And without the services of Roy Keane who had spat his dummy and did not play in the tournament.

2003 took over towards the end of the season at Sunderland when they looked doomed. He could not save them, but the following season they lost on penalties in the play offs to Palace who had scored a stoppage time equalizer. The following season he took them up as champions with 94 points.

2006 Wolves. Again with youth players, lower league signings and free transfers, He made the playoffs in 2006. The following season 2007 They came 7th only missing out on the playoffs by goal difference. 2008 He pulled it off in style, Top of the league for 42 of the 46 game season. And kept Wolves in the Premier League for 2 successive seasons.

2012 Ipswich. The first season was about guiding them to safety from their lowly position and run of 13 matches without a win, He put together a run of 13 matches without a defeat and dragged them up to 14th place. The following year took 9th place. And this year 5th place with 1 game left.

All this done without virtually any transfer budget. Is there any other choice??

Forget all this talk of Paul Clement. A cold drizzly Tuesday night in Rotherham or Huddersfield is not the same as contesting champions league glory with galacticos.
                              Last edited by Toninho; 26-04-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ramsey. For me he's breath of fresh air.

Not his fault he was handed a squad not fit for the prem. he's actually got us playing better and his philosophies are what most of us have been crying out for. Wants to bleed in the youth but not for the sake of it.

You know this guy's works his nuts of 24/7 and with Les actually has a passion to build stability. He's now been with the players the last few months and him and les will know the players they want to keep and can do it in the championship. Plus Fernandez came out recently saying we will know just be focusing on handpicking the best and emerging talents for, the championship and league 1.

I don't get why Ramses getting so much stick tbh. Don't know what more he could of done.
                                Love your sense of humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X