Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall TF tell MH...build a team for Europe

Did he mean this season?

thought at the time he meant 3 year build.....
    but with theses signings and rumours...i'm beginning to wonder

I think deep down this will quietly be Hughes aim for this season.

He won't tell the player due to pressure and he certainly won't tell the owners for obvious reasons. Can we achieve it? No, not yet. A season flirting with the top 8-10 & finishing between 9-12th with a good season of gelling, confidence and a few minor adjustments this time next year then who knows? I predict 10th this season then 5th-7th the following one. Genuinely.

Comment

Europe? lets not get ahead of ourselves again. Remember this time last year we had fans thinking we would be a top ten side and easily finish above Swansea/Norwich...look how that turned out :-) I reckon 12th to 15th but would take 17th np.

Comment

i think 5 an 6 place might be looking over their shoulders at us

Comment

last year at the beginning hinged on a hope that betty would be a top striker...he wasnt

totally different situation developing now

Comment

Rip your arm off for top 10 right now.

Comment

suppose we will have more of an idea half a dozen games in

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Europe? lets not get ahead of ourselves again. Remember this time last year we had fans thinking we would be a top ten side and easily finish above Swansea/Norwich...look how that turned out :-) I reckon 12th to 15th but would take 17th np.
                This.

Although tbf, I would take any survival again, but with the players we've got I have to admit I would be a tad underwhelmed with 17th.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

usually find myself agreeing with you matty....but this time i'm more optimistic than you!!!!!!!...way more

Comment

maybe finally some cup success get us to Europe? Solid midtable finish and qualify to Europe via cup would be a good start

Comment

well we have improved the first team since last season so it cant be that bad again :-)

Comment

May sound a but foolish but I would feel a bit meh if we finished below 12th with our squad now we should be top 10.

Comment

If we are still in the Premier League next season, that is a terrific achievement for me.

How about we win some away games this season, and then see how we are? Let's not weight ourselves down with unrealistic expectations, that's not really helping the team.

Comment

We will have a good idea after the September games....if we can draw 2 of them then who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              yeah agree let's see how we go, build this up too much and there'll be posters wanting MH out by christmas complaining he ain't getting the best out of the squad

Comment

Working...
                              X