Groves v Eubank Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groves v Eubank Jr

Massive fight next Saturday I’m absolutely buzzing for it.

I know GG is a Chelsea fan but I’ve been a big fan of his for years now.

Got a tough job on his hands potentially although CEJ is still relatively unknown as in how good he actually is and has moved up from middleweight so against a big super middle in GG should be a problem.

Who do you all fancy I’m interested to know?

Eubank will knock his head off mate. Groves is quite a long way past his best, and even at his best I doubt he'd get near Eubank Jnr.

Comment

Hope he puts that Chels scum on his #### and scuffs up that badge
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        Massive fight next Saturday I’m absolutely buzzing for it.

I know GG is a Chelsea fan but I’ve been a big fan of his for years now.

Got a tough job on his hands potentially although CEJ is still relatively unknown as in how good he actually is and has moved up from middleweight so against a big super middle in GG should be a problem.

Who do you all fancy I’m interested to know?
        Got tickets for this from a friend of a friend

Comment

Groves is definitely bigger and been in with better fighters than Junior. And he can box and bang a bit. But I really cannot make a case for him going the distance in this one.
          I think the loss to Saunders, which was very close, gives the impression to some that he's not such a good boxer. But having spoken to both him and his dad about that fight, I very much doubt he'll make the same mistake again.

Comment

Is that ok Croydon or shall i run it past you first

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Is that ok Croydon or shall i run it past you first
              You’ve done it again Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Eubank will knock his head off mate. Groves is quite a long way past his best, and even at his best I doubt he'd get near Eubank Jnr.
                Interesting views Tarbs, I have a few pals who rate Eubank very highly, for me I don’t quite get why so many rate him as highly as they do as he’s yet to really put in a performance that blows you away against a real top fighter.

Hes 28 now and it’s all words from him and his old man and various YouTube clips, that’s all.

He couldn’t stop a 40 year old Arthur Abraham’s, as durable as he is yet he bangs on about how explosive he is.

We will soon see if he is the real deal but whatever he turns out I believe people like him are great for Boxing as like all sports it needs characters

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  You’ve done it again Bill.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Groves for me. Too big, punches too hard and has a great jab that Eubank wont be able to get past

The Eubank hype train ends here

Comment

Eubank will muller him imo.
                      One of the best all round fighters on the planet in my eyes.

Oh and i really like and rate Groves.
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 12-02-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Got tickets for this from a friend of a friend
                        any spares bill ?

Comment

don't like either of them , bur either could win , GG is getting on he was at school with one of my kids so he's in his 30's , if it goes to points then i fancy eubank

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            Interesting views Tarbs, I have a few pals who rate Eubank very highly, for me I don’t quite get why so many rate him as highly as they do as he’s yet to really put in a performance that blows you away against a real top fighter.

Hes 28 now and it’s all words from him and his old man and various YouTube clips, that’s all.

He couldn’t stop a 40 year old Arthur Abraham’s, as durable as he is yet he bangs on about how explosive he is.

We will soon see if he is the real deal but whatever he turns out I believe people like him are great for Boxing as like all sports it needs characters
                            Correct me if I'm wrong mate, but hasn't Abraham never been stopped in his 50 odd fights? No disgrace that Eubank beat him well on points.

We'll see what's what on Saturday night mate, but as I see it, there is a big gap in class between Groves and Eubank.

In my eyes Carl Froch and Badou Jack are the only 2 real world class boxers Groves has faced before and we know what happened in those 3 fights. I'm expecting a similar outcome this weekend.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 13-02-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Yeah as I said Abrahams is/was a durable opponent but imo a top elite fighter that CEJ claims he is should be putting away a 40 year old man but the fact he didn’t doesn’t mean he can’t win Saturday

I’m scratching my head though mate at your “there’s a big gap in class” comment saying CEJ is way ahead of GG. It’s all about opinions tarbs and I respect yours but where do you get this from? When has CEJ produced that performance that’s given you this view? I can’t remember one

Comment

Working...
                              X