what would you be happy with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you be happy with?

this season,that is,what are your hopes realistically,autamatic promotion,play offs,8th or 9th position.Would owners be happy with anything less than the play offs,i wouldnt think so,does that make the play offs a minimium aim?

i would love play-offs...but think 10th will be as far up the table we get.

Comment

Im happy already because Luton are non lg now
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

realistically 9th or 10th but i think everyone is hoping to sneak in the playoffs. personnally i can't see it happening

Comment

More goals, more points, more fun.

Playoffs would be good too.
          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

I think on paper we have the 4th or 5th strongest squad in the league....so that should be reflected in position we finish.

Anything less is underachieving IMO.

Comment

finishing higher than last season would be an improvement.............an fa cup win( what are those??) decent attractive football and chelski to go bust!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

current squad = top 8
                current squad + fox in the box = top 4

Comment

w12 I want to agree with you but you cant really compare our strikers to the likes of west brom and Newcastle and that is the area which I think we will fall short. I do however think helguson will score more goals and more chances will be ceated but I don't see a goal poacher in our squad. I hope im wrong but will say 8th
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Alternatively, compare our defenders to theirs and they'll fall short.
                    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      w12 I want to agree with you but you cant really compare our strikers to the likes of west brom and Newcastle and that is the area which I think we will fall short. I do however think helguson will score more goals and more chances will be ceated but I don't see a goal poacher in our squad. I hope im wrong but will say 8th
                      Ok made this point already today when I was debating with PKLoft about how many goals we would score this season

In 2007-08 we scored 60 goals despite still being in the relegation zone at Nov, we had the likes of Nardiello, Nygaard and even Balanta up front during that season. Think Dexter 'Roy of the Rovers' Blackstock managed 5 goals or something like that in this season. LDC had us hitting the back of the net consistantly with a lesser squad.

Magic & The G Man are renowned for managing teams who play attacking football and score plenty of goals. The trouble with yourself and others alike is you keep looking at last seasons defensive tactics of Dowie & Sousa and still think the same group of players with a change in tactics will score the same amount of goals

We will score goals next season, I can't understand this obssession with a striker....we will not be purchasing another striker I am pretty certain off that (well not at least until Jan).
                      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 26-07-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I would be happy with a top 10 finish I think the worst we could do is fluke promotion were clearly not ready and would be nice to see decent football and build a squad to make a massive in push 2010/11

I'm worried that the expectations from the fans (well this messageboard in partigular) will resukt in people questioning the manager if were not 6th by October
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

I would be happy with 7th or 8th.

Realistically I cannot see us breaking into the play offs and we certainly will not be challenging 1st or 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                            More goals, more points, more fun.

Playoffs would be good too.

ditto
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Less 0-0 draws and ill be happy. Win lose or draw I will sing my heart out but just dont let me get bored watching another 0-0 please

Comment

Working...
                              X