Announcement expected shortly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
    So in what league due you get promotion without consistant results.......who's deluded??????.
    I suggest you learn to read. At no point did i say you don't need consitent results to get promoted... i said if you expect wins every week you're deluded.

As for not performing, check out statto.com... from 20th Dec 07 to end of season under LDC we were 6th in the form table for that period, 2nd highest scorers behind West Brom who won the league. Incidently for the same perior, we only had 3 less points that West Brom who went up as champions and let in 4 more goals.....

Those are basic facts. All i say is when you also take into account he got those results when trying to gel a totally new batch of players, had an issue with the language barrier and our defence still leaked about 5 or 6 stoppage time goals losing us points, meaning we should have been nearer the top of that form table and it's something that can be worked on.... It is ridiculous to suggest it wasn't an achievement and he'sa worse option than any of the other candidates mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I suggest you learn to read. At no point did i say you don't need consitent results to get promoted... i said if you expect wins every week you're deluded.

As for not performing, check out statto.com... from 20th Dec 07 to end of season under LDC we were 6th in the form table for that period, 2nd highest scorers behind West Brom who won the league. Incidently for the same perior, we only had 3 less points that West Brom who went up as champions and let in 4 more goals.....

Those are basic facts. All i say is when you also take into account he got those results when trying to gel a totally new batch of players, had an issue with the language barrier and our defence still leaked about 5 or 6 stoppage time goals losing us points, meaning we should have been nearer the top of that form table and it's something that can be worked on.... It is ridiculous to suggest it wasn't an achievement and he'sa worse option than any of the other candidates mentioned.
      So, where in my post did i say "win every match".
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
        So, where in my post did i say "win every match".

I didn't say you did. I referred to my initial comment which you'd picked up on. Again, i suggest you read posts properly.

The point i'm trying to make is you're saying he wasn't consistent enough, although delivering top 6 form, and i am saying no team is going to win every match, so what exactly do you expect...?

He was never in a promotion situation, he was in a dogfight and facing upheaval of playing staff etc. Of course his results weren't of the consistency of a top 2 place, but consistent to a standard which was the best we could have hoped for at that time i would say.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's perfect by any stretch of the imagination, just that i think he did better than many give him credit for and if he came back with a clean slate at the start of the season would have us competing...just my opinion for what it's worth.

Comment

the new man landed at heathrow on iberian airlines flight l129 from malaga
          what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Must have followed me in ade, landed from Malaga yesterday.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
            X