Embarrassing fans we have on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing fans we have on here

Talk of not renewing, asking for refunds, writing the new coach of before he is even announced. Some of you on here need to gain a bit of perspective and stop bleating on about our hard done by we are. The biggest problem from what I can see is the cost of season tickets because it is used as an excuse to have a moan about everything.

As far as I'm concerned we are mid table Championship club, who for best part are financially stable and have a decent chance of making next season's Play Offs. One problem is we have the highest season tickets prices in the league but to me that is just the way it is going to be so I accept it. I pay £700 for my season ticket (which is more than 90% of other supporters) and so does my Dad who can ill afford it but got himself an M&S Credit Card at 0% interest for 12 months to pay for it. I have not heard him complain once about the cost of his season ticket, instead he can't wait for new season and neither can I.

Some of the names being branded about for potential signings and managers is embarassing to read. Have we not learnt nothing from the time since Flav & Co took over about the kind of outlay they intend to make to get us out of the Championship.

I'm not convinced season ticket sales would go through the roof either if a big name was announced because our miserable fans would then be waiting to see who we sign etc. I can see matchday tickets for the best part being pulled in line with the cost a season ticket costs per game to make up for the shortfall in sales which means having an ST basically garuntees your seat and thats it. I have no doubt no matter what ST sales are we will still average 13500 like any other season.

Some posters on here give me the impression that they will not be happy until the ground is half full and it is quite concerning to read how sad and bitter some of you have become. For those not renewing because you want a big name etc without realising it you are becoming everthing we are suppose to despise.

I think QPR fans will be giving the Geordies a run for their money for the title of most deluded set of fans next season.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 25-05-2009, 05:20 PM.

what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

we pay good money, not getting value for money, i think we are entitled to moan thanks very much.

as for magilton its like paying for a bmw and getting a reliant robin.

Comment

deluded!

Comment

We have one of the lowest average attendances in the championship, yet we do expect do get promoted simply on the basis of our board.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            We have one of the lowest average attendances in the championship, yet we do expect do get promoted simply on the basis of our board.
            why is that pete? ticket prices maybe? people feel like they are getting robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              ..... so I accept it......
              And there's the differerence between us.

Comment

Talk of not renewing, asking for refunds, writing the new coach of before he is even announced. Some of you on here need to gain a bit of perspective and stop bleating on about our hard done by we are. The biggest problem from what I can see is the cost of season tickets because it is used as an excuse to have a moan about everything.

As far as I'm concerned we are mid table Championship club, who for best part are financially stable and have a decent chance of making next season's Play Offs. One problem is we have the highest season tickets prices in the league but to me that is just the way it is going to be so I accept it. I pay £700 for my season ticket (which is more than 90% of other supporters) and so does my Dad who can ill afford it but got himself an M&S Credit Card at 0% interest for 12 months to pay for it. I have not heard him complain once about the cost of his season ticket, instead he can't wait for new season and neither can I.

Some of the names being branded about for potential signings and managers is embarassing to read. Have we not learnt nothing from the time since Flav & Co took over about the kind of outlay they intend to make to get us out of the Championship.

I'm not convinced season ticket sales would go through the roof either if a big name was announced because our miserable fans would then be waiting to see who we sign etc. I can see matchday tickets for the best part being pulled in line with the cost a season ticket costs per game to make up for the shortfall in sales which means having an ST basically garuntees your seat and thats it. I have no doubt no matter what ST sales are we will still average 13500 like any other season.

Some posters on here give me the impression that they will not be happy until the ground is half full and it is quite concerning to read how sad and bitter some of you have become. For those not renewing because you want a big name etc without realising it you are becoming everthing we are suppose to despise.

I think QPR fans will be giving the Geordies a run for their money for the title of most deluded set of fans next season.
                Completely Agree!

Comment

"I think QPR fans will be giving the Geordies a run for their money for the title of most deluded set of fans next season"

I agree as well although i bet we differ on which ones are the deluded ones
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

top post w12,could,nt agree more
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

[QUOTE=W12_Ranger;57850]Talk of not renewing, asking for refunds, writing the new coach of before he is even announced. Some of you on here need to gain a bit of perspective and stop bleating on about our hard done by we are. The biggest problem from what I can see is the cost of season tickets because it is used as an excuse to have a moan about everything.

WHAT A SUPERFAN YOU AND YOUR DAD ARE,GOOD LUCK,I MUST BE AN UNLOYAL WHINGING BABY,but i tell you what having not renewed i dont feel like i have been mugged off like i did last season,if that makes me what you say I am, hands up
                      From the Hills of Kerry
                      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

I think you are mostly right, but messageboards are here for the moaning, whinging and praising. The trouble with us (QPR) is that we need success badly and the longer we go without the more the fans will moan.
                        The board need to sit down and think very hard about what they want. Not to go and do what they have done up untill now. Dowie was a good example. Choose a manager with a proven record, give him funds, let him have full control and give him time. The fans will slowly come round and get behind the board and manager.
                        Burnley have shown what you can do with small support and even smaller budgets. They started the season off very poorly but ended up promoted, we started OK but ended up mid table. The fans have stayed in the main loyal but only a hard core of 12k.

Lets see who we get as manager then we can start preparing for the long haul. At the end of the day (I hate that saying) we are ALL QPR fans and will continue to support whatever.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Good post W12 - you always talk a lot of sense.
                          Not just this thread but in general.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                            why is that pete? ticket prices maybe? people feel like they are getting robbed.
                            No its because thats what we have more or less always averaged in my life time and before that as well. We are a small club and always have been our attendances have always been consistant (about the only thing that has been through the years). In fact our gates only really went up in League 1 under Ollie due to the sheer volume of people blagging concessions and jibbing in.

Comment

Flabio coming in and saying "its a 4 year plan to get in prem" and "champions league football in the near future" hasnt helped either. They came in giving it the big one and putting the prices up and then acted like amateurs "terminating" managers. We got one amateur trying to pick the team while another is buying players for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X