Possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possession

Not at the game absolutely delighted we won but Is it true we only had 28% possession. ! How did we win 4 0

Their back four and keeper passed it in ever decreasing circles. We didn't have to waste time they did it for us.

Comment

some of our players started playing go fish for about 10 mins, swansea were happy to just pass the ball about and do nothing else

Comment

I bet a large percentage of that possession was in their own Penalty area - we didn’t need the ball to win that game.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          I bet a large percentage of that possession was in their own Penalty area - we didn’t need the ball to win that game.
          it really was tbh. i'd have been livid if i was a swansea fan. they did notjing with the ball, you'd have thought that being 3-0 down after 16 mins would make a team step up a gear and go all out attack like we did at birmingham as at that point there is nothing to lose.

swansea just treated it like a kickabout and had no urgency to get the ball forward or to cause us problems. we just let them have the ball most the time

Comment

In all fairness we did something we have seldom done this season: constantly pressure the ball. That, plus keeping our shape on defense, was why we shallowed them without normal time of possession.

Comment

I recall a game against Swansea few years back and first half they just passed sideways, backwards I was so bored I went down 5 minutes before halftime which I never do, I think we scored in that time.

Comment

Possession means nothing as I've said before stats mean nothing, it's all about how many time you can stick that round thing in that big net

Comment

Ah....I expected this thread to be about getting caught by the filth whilst holding gear.

Comment

A nonsense stat really as we dominated that game from start to finish. Can't recall them causing any problems at all.

Comment

Ok they might have had 70 odd possession but that playing it to right & left backs & them back centre half’s & gk, means sod all & as Dave said it’s about goals & we got 4

Comment

A lot of that was due to Scowen playing much more forward , and dare I say it, Hemed, having a much higher press.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          A lot of that was due to Scowen playing much more forward , and dare I say it, Hemed, having a much higher press.
                          True. First time in a LONG time that we really played like the home side and got right at the other team from the off.

Comment

Didn't Leicester win the league despite only having 30/40% possession all season. It's a ridiculous stat, up there with "kilometres run" in terms of pointlessness and irrelevance to outcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X