New contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New contracts

Under FFP are we restricted when it comes to just new signings and what we can pay them? Can we offer existing players improved contracts? Thinking Wszolek, Bidwell for example.

As I understand it mate, expenditure can't go up in this transfer window. I'd guess that means that if a player wants a new deal on a higher salary, then we need to move someone else on to afford it. But that is a guess, it's very hard to find a proper explanation of all the FFP sanctions we've been given.

If this is the case, it would explain why Bidwell and Pav are still waiting for new contracts.

Comment

Freeman, Lumley and Eze have signed new long term contracts, can’t see them being on reduced salaries.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Freeman, Lumley and Eze have signed new long term contracts, can’t see them being on reduced salaries.
        All 3 are guys that we've been trying to the up since the summer though, aren't they? Perhaps some sort of provision was made in the accounting for this. Can't see Eze or Lumley being on big money either.

fair point though. As I say, it's hard to find proper info on what the sanctions actually mean. Perhaps I've misunderstood how it works.

Comment

Where would it stand giving a deferred payment ie bonus or loyalty payment paid out in the summer or pay rise in June ? Would that break any rules

Comment

Could be wrong here, but my understanding is that the wage limits apply to new signings only, as it’s part of the “transfer embargo”. Free transfers can come in, but with wages restricted to a percentage of those they replace.

Plus it seems we can bring in under 23’s, but they cannot play first team football until next season.

Whilst many may and indeed have, complained about this, I sort of take the view that in actual fact, this sort of prudence is exactly how we should have been operating in the past. If we had cut our cloth accordingly in recent times, then there is every reason to believe that we would not be in the situation we are now. Shocking financial mismanagement, but we all know that. Not a lot we can do about it now, other than ensure we don’t repeat the mistakes in future.

Comment

Surely we can extend contracts? That will be no extra spending if the new contract is for the same money?

problem is, someone like Pav will no doubt of caught the eye of some clubs and might get a better offer.

Comment

Cheers guys, my worry is that we have no way of tempting a player to stay here if we can't offer an improved contract.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Could be wrong here, but my understanding is that the wage limits apply to new signings only, as it’s part of the “transfer embargo”. Free transfers can come in, but with wages restricted to a percentage of those they replace.

Plus it seems we can bring in under 23’s, but they cannot play first team football until next season.

Whilst many may and indeed have, complained about this, I sort of take the view that in actual fact, this sort of prudence is exactly how we should have been operating in the past. If we had cut our cloth accordingly in recent times, then there is every reason to believe that we would not be in the situation we are now. Shocking financial mismanagement, but we all know that. Not a lot we can do about it now, other than ensure we don’t repeat the mistakes in future.
                  I believe you are right. As long as us offering higher wages still keeps us within the 3 year cycle then we are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    Cheers guys, my worry is that we have no way of tempting a player to stay here if we can't offer an improved contract.
                    WTF has happened to you, you have aged over Christmas. Worried about losing Macca worried about losing players!! chill man. Think me and you need few beers before tomorrow’s game and you can tell me what’s happened to turn you into a old hag

im here for you Nav

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

I believe you are right. As long as us offering higher wages still keeps us within the 3 year cycle then we are all good.
                        Sorry I've missed something 3 year cycle ! I am under the view that transfer restrictions only apply to this window , therefor we can pay what we want after June

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Sorry I've missed something 3 year cycle ! I am under the view that transfer restrictions only apply to this window , therefor we can pay what we want after June
                          Yeah for the FFP we can offer our current players what we want, as long as we hit the average of losing 13million a year. We cant get anyone new until summer window.

Comment

Transfer restrictions do only apply to this window but FFP is ongoing. So we still need to keep within permitted losses per 3 year cycle ( if you overspend one year then you have to underspend that amount over next two years).
                            Big difference is FFP is counted in March now not December as Prem will not collect fines. A points deduction could be made to remove a club from Play Offs.

Comment

The FFP rules for us are very good, in our favor. Most clubs literally had a ban, full stop.

Ours is more 1 in 1 out, which in theory is very good. Plus contracts of our own players dont count.

Comment

Working...
                              X