No announcement yet.

Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be great if they could give new contracts to Eze Smyth Chair as well as Freeman and Smith before they get a chance to move on for a pittance of their value like Austin and Smithies did.

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
      Just crap journalism - Gavin Ward is the goalkeeping coach - the journalist couldn't even copy off our official properly !
      Some of these journalists are on a par with estate agents.
      I heard a newsreader on one of the less popular TV channels say France just won the World Cup for the first time.
      To be fair they’re just reading from an auto cue but FFS.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Would be great if they could give new contracts to Eze Smyth Chair as well as Freeman and Smith before they get a chance to move on for a pittance of their value like Austin and Smithies did.
        In fairness to the club, offering a player a contract is one thing. Whether they choose to sign it or not is quite another.

Looking forward to reading Hitman’s reasons as to why this is a bad move. And TF’s pivotal part in it.

Comment

Great stuff. Tying our youngsters down to new deals is extremely important.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Just signed a new three year contract. Good. Now let's see Eze and Smyth do the same.
            Wasn't aware. That's really positive news. I really like this kid.

Looks a really good keeper and I love his long, imposing frame. Looks the part. Well done Rs

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Wasn't aware. That's really positive news. I really like this kid.

Looks a really good keeper and I love his long, imposing frame. Looks the part. Well done Rs
              Looks a top keeper to me too. Can see Ingram starting as number 1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Looks a top keeper to me too. Can see Ingram starting as number 1 though.
                Looking at pre season I agree.

Ingram very good too so I'm happy he's getting his chance.

Comment

I still think It is good thing that we have brought in a new CB pairing in front of him. Lumley/Ingram will have to work hard to replace Smithies.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Lumley/Ingram will have to work hard to replace Smithies.
                    Would be harder to replace if he was actually at the club !

Comment

I had been desperate for Lumley to get a decent chance this season, every game I’ve seen him play for the under 23’s etc he’s been good.

Then last season on loan at Blackpool it was clear he’s very good, however Ingram onloan at league 2? Northampton was w@nk

Lumley has been with QPR since a young age, Joe clearly loves the club, played 2 & has got 2 clean sheets I think I’m right in saying

His save yesterday in the first half from Josh Windass strike won us the game imo, Ingram wouldn’t have saved it & confidence would of dipped (like against Bristol City), that save was world class

And then at full time Joe was celebrating like a fan winning a cup final, ran to South Africa Road stand with his arms raised, punching the air

I couldn’t be happier for him

Joe Lumley!! He’s one of our own !!!!!
                      Last edited by qpr; 26-08-2018, 12:21 PM.
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I agree we probably would not have won yes had it not been for Lumley, just hope he can continue now and keep it up

Comment

I agree but my only concern was his handling when he chose to come for the ball. this isn;t down to confidence as you say, he did very well whilst out on loan.

Comment

Good post. Both of his previous managers at Bristol Rovers and Blackpool loved him, with the Blackpool manager quoted as saying he thinks he will go “right to the top”. High praise indeed.

He’s composed, confident and a great build for a keeper. Hope he continues to grow in the first team now, and owns that number 1 spot. Well done Joe, keep it up!

Comment

He's a kid and will only improve. Saw him at Forest for what must've been his debut. Very very good.

Good Luck Joe.

Comment

Lumley has higher potential than Smithies. He is obviously not there yet, but younger and will only get better with more experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X