Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 11 not always your best 11 players..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 11 not always your best 11 players..

I've seen a few posts (Which are of course opinion based), that we should either be playing certain players or changing the formation to fit in certain players.

That said although I do think having a bit of width would be great, I don't think its best for the squad and I hope Steve see's this.

- The team that started tonight has performed well on a few occasions now.
    - Cousins has found his place and is doing very well in actual fact, someone i'd hate to see dropped now.
    - Eze plays best as a number 10, he's wasted outwide when playing two up top.
    - Yes Hemed is also a key striker of ours, but Wells offers more up top on his own right now. (Results show this)
    - Defensively they are building some form and connection, so I wouldnt drop anyone or change this unless results took a huge hit.
    - Having Bright and Pawel on the bench offers a change in tactics / formation / game plan. Essentially we can change a game quite easily.

This formula works, it might not be the best, but it works. Most teams that go up keep it consistent and it comes together, this could be our way of doing it this year.

Just a thought... Also, when we lose, its natural to want to drop players!!

Eze needs to stop switching off no matter what position he's in. Last few games he has been only been good in short spurts.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Eze needs to stop switching off no matter what position he's in. Last few games he has been only been good in short spurts.
      agree, i think hes just that kind of player. if his work rate improves then he could easily be a 50m+ rated player within 5 years. he has absolutely incredible ability and even when he is switched off he's still too good to drop as he has those game changing moments in him.

i'm loving cousins too though so far, he just doesn't stop running and gets across every blade of grass. i think eze benefits quite a bit from cousins as cousins has the engine in him to cover for eze's work rate

Comment

Totally agree. We now know he has got it in him so let's see it more consistently eh

Comment

Eze is so raw and young, no doubt he'll improve in his overall game, but right now he is a luxury player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            I've seen a few posts (Which are of course opinion based), that we should either be playing certain players or changing the formation to fit in certain players.

That said although I do think having a bit of width would be great, I don't think its best for the squad and I hope Steve see's this.

- The team that started tonight has performed well on a few occasions now.
            - Cousins has found his place and is doing very well in actual fact, someone i'd hate to see dropped now.
            - Eze plays best as a number 10, he's wasted outwide when playing two up top.
            - Yes Hemed is also a key striker of ours, but Wells offers more up top on his own right now. (Results show this)
            - Defensively they are building some form and connection, so I wouldnt drop anyone or change this unless results took a huge hit.
            - Having Bright and Pawel on the bench offers a change in tactics / formation / game plan. Essentially we can change a game quite easily.

This formula works, it might not be the best, but it works. Most teams that go up keep it consistent and it comes together, this could be our way of doing it this year.

Just a thought... Also, when we lose, its natural to want to drop players!!
            Yeah I'm not sure best 11 always works.

Comment

I wonder if he lost confidence being put wide, play him where he does most damage.....to the opposition

Comment

Thing with Eze is vs Millwall first half he was running looking for the ball all the time. Seemed he WANTED it all the time. Since then he seems disinterested and thinks he can almost stand still and wait for the ball to come to him. We can't afford that luxury and he is much better when he's looking to make something happen for himself. Dare i say it but looking at his face when the camera pans on him he almost looks kinda scared, like he is in a daze. Needs to snap out of it. If he was busy like Freeman was last night then he would be some player and a lot more would come of it. May be a little harsh for some but the best players always make things happen for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                X