Our Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Fans

Never like to criticise our own but my word its getting a bit embarrasing now...

We lose a cup game in which arguably our u23's squad played, to a Blackpool side on a half-decent run and its like the whole world has fallen apart. Who can honestly tell me they didnt see that result coming when the lineups were released? Yeah its not a great result, but if the fringe players dont impress then what can we do.If Steve puts out first team players and then they are unfit at the weekend, you'd be moaning at him then too.

The reaction after the Millwall result was equally as embarrasing. Probably the best performance we've had in a long long time and everyone was right to enjoy it, but the sudden talk of promotion and play-offs after one good win? Ludicrous.

When we lose the club goes into absolute meltdown ('Sack the manager', 'McClaren Out') and as soon as we win we're contenders for the top 6! Would be nice for a change for the whole fan-base to just get behind the team/manager and see how the season goes. We've got a good squad and the potential to have a good season, lets just see where it takes us.

Good post. Couldn't give a sweet flying fark about any cup competition, and our record in cups should tell anyone with a brain that we just don't do cup runs. I saw the team and my immediate thought was "good, resting our main players for 2 tough away games and giving youngsters a go." I stand by that. Just another excuse for a good old pissy b!tch fest imo.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

So exactly how many of the starting 11 from last night are from the u23 squad. ​​​​​​

Ingram
      Kakay
      Baptiste
      Hall
      Hamaleinan
      Wszolek
      Scowen
      Cousins
      BOS
      Smith
      Chair

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
        So exactly how many of the starting 11 from last night are from the u23 squad. ​​​​​​

Ingram
        Kakay
        Baptiste
        Hall
        Hamaleinan
        Wszolek
        Scowen
        Cousins
        BOS
        Smith
        Chair
        Ok then, our 'reserves'. Your response is a prime example of the childish mentality im talking about in the OP. If you cant see that the starting XI against Blackpool was full of fringe players then I dont know what team you've been watching this season.

Ingram (Not been good enough all season, 2nd choice goalkeeper)
        Kakay (Definitely an U23, only played due to Furlong being out and Rangel not being up to scratch)
        Baptiste (Good squad player but nowhere near good enough to be a starting CB in the championship)
        Hall (First 90 mins he's completed in about 2 years)
        Hamaleinan (U23 player)
        Wszolek (Completely shot of confidence, hasnt featured for the first team in a long while)
        Scowen (Experienced player, should have done better on the night)
        Cousins (Same as Scowen)
        BOS (Done well off the bench but again hasnt had much opportunity this season)
        Smith (Got no service from the young full backs and bright and is too immobile to shaft any chances for himself)

Comment

Childish mentality. Do me a favour. This team SHOULD have been perfectly good enough to perform much better than they did. After all the majority did in the previous two cup rounds.

Comment

Blackpool made 5 changes but they still managed to perform to an acceptable level.

Comment

The reaction comes in part from the performance on the weekend v. Norwich which was abysmal. Two shocking performances in a row starts to look like a pattern.

Comment

I enjoy wztching my team play great football and think it can be carried forward to the next ten games. I hate seeing my team lose to inferior teams and think the world has ended.

I leave rationale thought at my desk when I leave work and let me enjoy a bit of emotional turbulence watching football. Isnt it there for a bit of escapism?

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
                  Never like to criticise our own but my word its getting a bit embarrasing now...

We lose a cup game in which arguably our u23's squad played, to a Blackpool side on a half-decent run and its like the whole world has fallen apart. Who can honestly tell me they didnt see that result coming when the lineups were released? Yeah its not a great result, but if the fringe players dont impress then what can we do.If Steve puts out first team players and then they are unfit at the weekend, you'd be moaning at him then too.

The reaction after the Millwall result was equally as embarrasing. Probably the best performance we've had in a long long time and everyone was right to enjoy it, but the sudden talk of promotion and play-offs after one good win? Ludicrous.

When we lose the club goes into absolute meltdown ('Sack the manager', 'McClaren Out') and as soon as we win we're contenders for the top 6! Would be nice for a change for the whole fan-base to just get behind the team/manager and see how the season goes. We've got a good squad and the potential to have a good season, lets just see where it takes us.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    I enjoy wztching my team play great football and think it can be carried forward to the next ten games. I hate seeing my team lose to inferior teams and think the world has ended.

I leave rationale thought at my desk when I leave work and let me enjoy a bit of emotional turbulence watching football. Isnt it there for a bit of escapism?
                    I ####in hate my team losing, proper competitive me, and a very bad loser most of the time.
                    Which is ironic really having been QPR since 1975/6........Why oh why didn't someone point me at one of the Mans or Liverpool?

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

Sorry Brad, I'm not a lose one relegation/win won Championship favourites fan but this is supposed to be a professional club - play to win, take the rough with the smooth. Draw Carlisle in the third round and do you think the club would say don't bother spending your hard earned travelling lads because we don't give a toss? No, the fans would travel under false pretences expecting to see a team at least capable of winning in any of the three competitions. We have a preferred first team selection. Wholesale changes don't do anyone any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Good post. Couldn't give a sweet flying fark about any cup competition, and our record in cups should tell anyone with a brain that we just don't do cup runs. I saw the team and my immediate thought was "good, resting our main players for 2 tough away games and giving youngsters a go." I stand by that. Just another excuse for a good old pissy b!tch fest imo.
                        Usually agree with most of what you post Ginge but how can you justify picking and choosing games to perform in? Getting injured is part of the game and you should build a squad to cope. Do we rest players against the likes of Derby because we haven't got a cat in hells chance and wait for a game we think we can win? Where does it end? Blackpool away was a winnable match for our best team and could have meant a money spinner next round.....and we're supposed to be a business as well as a football club.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Sorry Brad, I'm not a lose one relegation/win won Championship favourites fan but this is supposed to be a professional club - play to win, take the rough with the smooth. Draw Carlisle in the third round and do you think the club would say don't bother spending your hard earned travelling lads because we don't give a toss? No, the fans would travel under false pretences expecting to see a team at least capable of winning in any of the three competitions. We have a preferred first team selection. Wholesale changes don't do anyone any good.
                          100 % agree with Alan here , why bother entering cup competitions unless we try to go as far as possible ? After the s hit show that was Norwich last week ,you would have thought just for morale purposes ,a win at Black pool would have been good . A decent cup run ( whatever that imaginary thing is ? ) is just what we need to put a smile on the fans faces ,improve morale for the players and could have given us one of the big clubs in the next round which would have generated a bit of much needed extra income.
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Usually agree with most of what you post Ginge but how can you justify picking and choosing games to perform in? Getting injured is part of the game and you should build a squad to cope. Do we rest players against the likes of Derby because we haven't got a cat in hells chance and wait for a game we think we can win? Where does it end? Blackpool away was a winnable match for our best team and could have meant a money spinner next round.....and we're supposed to be a business as well as a football club.
                            Alan I didn't say we picked a team to lose. That squad on paper should still have beaten Blackpool, and I'm certain McLaren picked that squad in the hope that they'd perform well and want to get into the main team, giving him a selection headache. I don't believe for one second that McLaren picked a squad that would lose a football game. I just personally am not bothered in the slightest about cup losses in competitions we don't have a chance of winning anyway (previous years experience shows that). It's my personal feeling that if we lost to Blackpool and ended up getting 2 good results at Swansea and Reading, then it's all good.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Didn't Bradford make the final a few years ago? B team or not it seems like there was no desire within the club to go any further. It's the same every year with talk about players knocking on the managers door, show me what you can do etc. Seems to me that the players themselves don't believe there is any point to this competition.
                              Last edited by Brian Wilson; 27-09-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X