My quick take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    But for me that's 2 points dropped. Birmingham are gash.
    Exactly my take too.

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Wells and Hemed were ineffective but I don't blame them
    Agreed, and would be far more effective if we played with genuine wingers, which Freeman and Eze are not. Smith and Sylla - two other strikers who's strike rates have suffered due to lack of wingers. Playing Pav and Bos in those positions would solve that problem, as at least we're playing 4-4-2 now but that formation is far less effective without genuine wide men.

Frustrating as all that is I can still see progress and positives as it was another clean sheet and our overall form continues to improve. Three good new signings too. And even Cousins did ok yesterday!

Comment

Stan Cousins comfortably our best player yesterday IMO

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Stan Cousins comfortably our best player yesterday IMO
        First half especially Wests imo. Think he just needed a run in CM which he's never really had. Just wish we'd play with more natural width though.

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        We didn't keep clean sheets two games in a row all last season.
        Good stat Awin! ;-)

Comment

Got a Brum mate who went to the game. Said that we made them go route one and they never looked like scoring and that we looked pretty dangerous on the break. A better final ball, or a better shot etc and we could and probably should have won the game.

Only just over 1000 QPR fans though. I know WBA was bad but that is pretty poor. It is one of our more local games and a nice 3pm KO.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
            Got a Brum mate who went to the game. Said that we made them go route one and they never looked like scoring and that we looked pretty dangerous on the break. A better final ball, or a better shot etc and we could and probably should have won the game.

Only just over 1000 QPR fans though. I know WBA was bad but that is pretty poor. It is one of our more local games and a nice 3pm KO.
            Sounded like more than 1000 to be fair Sponge. Atmosphere was great from our end all game. And honestly after a 7-1 loss in the last away game I'm not that surprised that not as many people made the trip.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Would be sods law though that playing with wingers would have exposed the full backs and we'd have been turned over.

Then people would have banged on about how sh*t the full backs are or how the wingers don't work hard enough.

In short, you cannot win on here.

Comment

Working...
              X