Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday travel info....

Circle line
    On Saturday 11 August, there will be no service between Paddington and Hammersmith. This is due to line modernisation and signal testing.
    Hammersmith & City line
    From Saturday 11 until Sunday 12 August, there will be no service between Paddington and Hammersmith. This is due to line modernisation and signal testing.

Not saying that on my tfl site
    would be nice to know for sure though
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

someone's mentioned problems from Clapham as well

Comment

It's for sure - I get London Transport weekend travel news emails every week. This is from that email.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          It's for sure - I get London Transport weekend travel news emails every week. This is from that email.

Nothing on TFL sites anywhere!!!!! Think this is a spoof
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post

Nothing on TFL sites anywhere!!!!! Think this is a spoof
            Well it's the official London Transport email I get every week, it's not a spoof, here you go:
            Are our emails displaying well on your device? If not, allow images or view online
            Transport for London
            TfL email update

Here is our weekly travel update to help you get around London this weekend,11 and 12 August, and also the following week.

Most of the network will be open with services running as normal, so you’ll be able to get wherever you need to go, but to ensure your journey goes smoothly please check if any of the following affect you.
            London Underground
            Bakerloo line
            On Sunday 12 August, there will be no service between Queen’s Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. This is due to Network Rail track work.
            Central line
            Trains will not stop at Bank station from 00:30 on Saturday 11 and all day Sunday 12 August. Enter and exit at Liverpool Street or St. Paul’s instead. This is due to platform engineering work.

During Night Tube hours on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 August (00:30 until 05:30), St. Paul’s station will be ‘exit only’. Please use Liverpool Street or Chancery Lane stations to enter between these times. This is due to escalator refurbishment works.
            Circle line
            On Saturday 11 August, there will be no service between Paddington and Hammersmith. This is due to line modernisation and signal testing.
            Hammersmith & City line
            From Saturday 11 until Sunday 12 August, there will be no service between Paddington and Hammersmith. This is due to line modernisation and signal testing.
            Metropolitan line
            From Monday 13 until Wednesday 15 August, there will be no service between Aldgate and Wembley Park after approximately 22:30 each day. This is due to ballast and track replacement.

See the latest status update on London Underground, including a map of closures
            London Overground
            On Thursday 9 August, there will be no service between Sydenham and West Croydon after 22:30 each evening. This is due to Network Rail track work.

On Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 August, there will be no service between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction. This is due to Network Rail track and infrastructure work.
            On Sunday 12 August, there will no service between:
            Gospel Oak and Barking, due to Network Rail infrastructure work and Network Rail station work at Barking
            Watford Junction and Euston, due to Network Rail track work and Network Rail work at Euston to enable High Speed Two (HS2)
            On Tuesday 14 and Thursday 16 August, there will be no service between Hackney Downs and Enfield Town / Cheshunt (via Seven Sisters) after 22:45 both evenings. This is due to Network Rail track work.

See the latest London Overground timetables

See an overview of planned track closures for the next six months

See the latest status update on London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Trams, including a map of closures and information about rail replacement buses
            Buses
            Bus users may be affected by the following this weekend. While we will try to maintain a good service, buses may be delayed, diverted or stop short of their normal destination:

Victoria Embankment - Until mid-September 2018, there will be no access to Victoria Embankment for westbound vehicles beyond Southwark Bridge. This is to allow Cadent Gas to undertake investigatory works on a gas main. Delays on surrounding roads are expected so please leave time for your journey.

More information can be found here

Central London - From 12:00 until 18:00 on Saturday 11 August, there will be some disruption along various roads between Southwark Park and Battersea Bridge including Jamaica Road, Tower Bridge, Victoria Embankment, Parliament Square, Vauxhall, York Road, Stamford Street and Southwark Street. This is due to an event.

Check whether your bus is affected
            Roads
            Road users may be affected by the following this weekend:

Victoria Embankment - Until mid-September 2018, there will be no access to Victoria Embankment for westbound vehicles beyond Southwark Bridge. This is to allow Cadent Gas to undertake investigatory works on a gas main. Delays on surrounding roads are expected so please leave time for your journey.

From today, Thursday 9 August, until 18:00 on Sunday 12 August, Savoy Street and Savoy Place will be closed at the junction with Victoria Embankment for resurfacing works. In addition on 11 and 12 August two way temporary traffic signals will be in place on Victoria Embankment to facilitate the works at the mouth of the junction. These works have been planned in collaboration with Cadent Gas works to minimise disruption.

More information can be found here

Central London - From 12:00 until 18:00 on Saturday 11 August, there will be some disruption along various roads between Southwark Park and Battersea Bridge including Jamaica Road, Tower Bridge, Victoria Embankment, Parliament Square, Vauxhall, York Road, Stamford Street and Southwark Street. This is due to an event.

See the latest status update on road travel
            Santander Cycles
            The following docking stations will be out of service this weekend:
            Rodney Street, Angel, due to health and safety
            Clifford Street, Mayfair, due to street works
            Portugal Street, Holborn, due to building works
            Calshot Street, King’s Cross, due to utility works
            Broadwick Street, Soho, due to utility works
            The Guildhall, Guildhall, due to filming
            See the latest update on docking station availability

We are sorry for any disruption that works this weekend may cause you.
            Yours sincerely,
            Vernon Everitt
            Managing Director
            Customers, Communication and Technology

You can now view single pay as you go fares when using our online journey planner. With a breakdown of costs for each segment of the journey, you can plan the most affordable route. You will also be able to see whether your route will benefit from the Mayor’s Hopper fare, which offers unlimited bus and tram journeys within an hour for the price of one.
            Mayor of London - Every Journey Matters
            Copyright in the contents of this email and its attachments belongs to Transport for London.
            Any unauthorised usage will infringe that copyright. © Transport for London

These are our customer service weekend travel email updates. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe.
            Click here to Reply or Forward
            6.86 GB (45%) of 15 GB used
            Manage
            Terms · Privacy · Programme Policies
            Last account activity: 6 minutes ago
            Details

Comment

No idea why it's not showing up on TFL site. That's really poor.

Comment

OK Thanks
                oldhoop

Comment

Just tweeted TFL and they replied "Hi, there are no planned closures this weekend on H & C line. Thanks Dan"

I'm not shooting the messenger but check your facts mate!!!
                  oldhoop

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    someone's mentioned problems from Clapham as well
                    Southern and London Overground running a full service from Clapham to Bush mate ,no problems
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                      Just tweeted TFL and they replied "Hi, there are no planned closures this weekend on H & C line. Thanks Dan"

I'm not shooting the messenger but check your facts mate!!!
                      Look it's the official email from TFL so someone's got it wrong - I'm just passing it on....

As for them replying to you, well, lucky you.

I tweeted TFL updates: no response
                      I tweeted TFL: no response to 2 tweets
                      I messaged them directly: no response
                      I have just messaged them on Facebook: so far, no response.

So at this precise moment - we have no definitive yes or no to this.

Regards, the messenger.

Comment

F uckin ell Hubbs sometimes i don`t know what your problem is !!

Comment

My problem, dear Vesps, is whether the ####in H&C is running on Saturday or not!

Comment

My problem, dear Vesps, is whether the ####in H&C is running on Saturday or not!
                            Well ,if you lived on the right side of the water you wouldn`t have that problem !

Comment

Look it's the official email from TFL so someone's got it wrong - I'm just passing it on....

As for them replying to you, well, lucky you.

I tweeted TFL updates: no response
                              I tweeted TFL: no response to 2 tweets
                              I messaged them directly: no response
                              I have just messaged them on Facebook: so far, no response.

So at this precise moment - we have no definitive yes or no to this.

Regards, the messenger.

I presume you are aware of all the unnecessary grief and worry you have caused everyone over this.

Would you mind checking my train in from Preston Park just before 11:00 so I’m not late for the pub. That way, if it goes t1ts up, I have someone to blame.

Comment

Working...
                              X