Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke Freeman rumours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So we've lost Ned ..Perch..Smithies..Robinson and now Freeman fark me can't wait for this season to begin.

    Wtf is going on we could have kept Ollie it would have made no difference at all to the league position we will be in

    We are playing a very dangerous game atm the league will be tough this year . Sell Freeman and we are so farked .

    Comment


    • We haven't LOST Freeman at all. Just rumours a couple of clubs after him. Seems the 3m figure is just plucked out of thin air. Until we actually receive an offer and then see if another club offers either the same or more then we're ok.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

        He never was a showpony. He is just always working hard trying to make something happen while others let the head drop. Absolute key player for us and maybe when/if we lose him some might realise just how important he is
        To a certain extent I do agree with you, not much happened in front or around him with regards to opposite movements and constructive runs etc from his teammates, but on the occations when I saw him, he nevertheless released the ball too late.
        More importantly; Eze should not be our only playmaker. He can be injured. This is why Freeman is a must keep, I agree...
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

        Comment


        • I'll be annoyed if Freeman goes on the cheap, but if we get 5m quid upwards for him and at least half of that is made available for transfers then I'd have no complaints to be honest. We have loads of options in the attacking midfield positions (and I don't rate Freeman as highly as some on here do). What we need is a couple of defenders!
          Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
          Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

          Comment


          • Simply cannot let our best player go for 3m

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I'll be annoyed if Freeman goes on the cheap, but if we get 5m quid upwards for him and at least half of that is made available for transfers then I'd have no complaints to be honest. We have loads of options in the attacking midfield positions (and I don't rate Freeman as highly as some on here do). What we need is a couple of defenders!
              One of the highest assists in the whole division. So no we can't replace him for someone to match that and hence why we would be much weaker if he were to be sold. Would show a real lack of drive and ambition from the owners side
              I played sunday league football today.

              Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

              I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

              We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

                One of the highest assists in the whole division. So no we can't replace him for someone to match that and hence why we would be much weaker if he were to be sold. Would show a real lack of drive and ambition from the owners side
                Would it? Would show a sense of realisation for me mate.

                We've got no money and we have a big fine to pay. If the right money comes in for a player that is ripe for selling (mid 20's, progressed about as far he can with us, and 2 years left on his deal), surely we have to consider it?!!
                Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                Comment


                • Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                  should be looking for at least 6 million at the very least for freeman. shouldn't come into it what we paid for him(norwich didnt give maddison away just because they only paid a million for him)it should be about his stats in creating chances etc which is up there with the best in the championship. The current market is insane & if we accepted such a paltry bid of 3 million then whoever negotiated it would need to be held accountable as clearly they cant do their job properly,hoping it's just paper talk but wouldn't be surprised if not.
                  This entirely.
                  I wouldn't even consider selling but instead offer him a new longer contract with a 15m release clause.

                  Comment


                  • Bristol city have 15% sell on apparently.

                    Comment


                    • Would be happy to let him go for the right price. Hes not an out and out number 10 nor a natural wide player. Having him in the midfield stops us playing with two wingers - which stops the supply Smith thrives off.

                      If him going means a decent striker coming in, then happy days.

                      Plus not been a fan since he said he wished hed stayed at Bristol - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.g...d-14214407.amp

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        I don't get the bidding war thing. If a club makes an offer and we accept it, I don't think we can then go back and say we want more because someone else has offered more. All we can do is accept the higher bid aswell. I don't see why any club would offer more once we have accepted a bid anyway. We can't decide to only sell to the highest bidder as, ultimately, it's up to the player to decide which club to go to if there's a choice. Or am I misunderstanding something?
                        Really?
                        Bordeaux accepted a bid from Roma for Malcom and then Barcelona topped that to sign him instead and Roma refused to go into a bidding war.

                        McLaren has said there is no need to sell players.
                        The owners will pay the fine over 10 years. If they now put players up for sell at such low prices the fans will no doubt get on their backs.

                        Just one question .
                        how are other clubs managing. I know there are those with bigger attendances but there are those with similar or lower attendances. Also QPR probably charge more for tickets.

                        If there is still a need to sell, then getting bigger fees will mean less players needing to be sold each season. QPR used to do this i.e..Fenwick, Parker, Seaman, Sinton, Peacock and then finally Ferdinand which proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Had the club sold them cheaply then they would have sold 2 or 3 each season and been relegated sooner.

                        If clubs don't offer a good price then don't sell.

                        And for those who think players like Eze can replace Freeman well maybe, but the squad is threadbare as it is and a paltry 3m will not go far these days.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

                          Would it? Would show a sense of realisation for me mate.

                          We've got no money and we have a big fine to pay. If the right money comes in for a player that is ripe for selling (mid 20's, progressed about as far he can with us, and 2 years left on his deal), surely we have to consider it?!!
                          The Board have said they will pay the fine over 10 years and it will not be part of the club's operating costs, so I don't quite see why it should mean selling players to pay it.

                          Comment


                          • uh-oh... (if this is true - i don't think it is personally....)

                            https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3900521.html

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by W7ranger View Post
                              Would be happy to let him go for the right price. Hes not an out and out number 10 nor a natural wide player. Having him in the midfield stops us playing with two wingers - which stops the supply Smith thrives off.

                              If him going means a decent striker coming in, then happy days.

                              Plus not been a fan since he said he wished hed stayed at Bristol - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.g...d-14214407.amp
                              All that really says to me is that he was happy to stay there had they offered him a.deal rather than leave. It doesn't mean he is not happy now at QPR.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

                                Really?
                                Bordeaux accepted a bid from Roma for Malcom and then Barcelona topped that to sign him instead and Roma refused to go into a bidding war.
                                Fair enough, you've found one example but Barcelona didn't need to offer more did they? And if the player had decided that he'd rather go to Roma (not likely in this case), then the higher bid wouldn't have mattered anyway.

                                My point is that once the club has received an offer that they deem acceptable and they accept it, there is absolutely reason (that I can see) for a bidding war. I'm probably missing something though. As usual.
                                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X