Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shania
    replied
    I bet Olli has been forced to play the youngsters in the first team.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Id like to see where we would be at this stage of the season with the same points every season five years back. Id have a little bet it would be near enough the same position every season, so nah i dont agree with you, but happy to be proved wrong.
    You might be right but that doesn't allow for one of Ollie's losing runs such as last season's collapse. Probably vest to judge at end of season.

We have been lucky bone of those below us have shot up table. All been carp.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Tbf we are pretty safe not because we have been good but the likes of Burton Sunderland and Birmingham have been so bad,most seasons any team that finishes below 50 points are relegated but this season looks like it will only take 46 points to stay up such is the quality of teams below us. I wouldn't exactly be offering Holloway any extention on his contact just yet .
    Id like to see where we would be at this stage of the season with the same points every season five years back. Id have a little bet it would be near enough the same position every season, so nah i dont agree with you, but happy to be proved wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    It really was never in doubt, even when the realists mentioned our obvious relegation battle for the 937th time thus season after we beat Burton away.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Im glad its gone from 'in a titanic relegation battle' to 'it would take a titanic collapse'.
    Or most of us can see we`re going to be in a relegation battle for certain

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    It was only the 934th Blue. (I deleted a few).

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Obviously peoples thoughts on being in a relegation battle comes with the two 6 game losing runs last season, our inconsistency this and the expectations of everyone below us doing a little better than they have been. No one seems to be making a fist of it or putting a run together like in most previous years. So while we are still capable of going on bad runs. Although hopefully not now Ollie seems to have changed his mind about 352. I think even if we do do that the teams now in the bottom 3 won't make up the necessary points now to cause us any problems. That is if Ollie doesn't have a meltdown like the last 8 games of last season and doesn't start playing the U13's

Leave a comment:

• QPRHoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Tbf we are pretty safe not because we have been good but the likes of Burton Sunderland and Birmingham have been so bad,most seasons any team that finishes below 50 points are relegated but this season looks like it will only take 46 points to stay up such is the quality of teams below us. I wouldn't exactly be offering Holloway any extention on his contact just yet .
    I wouldn’t be offering you a contract as a betting expert with your prediction that we would be in a relegation battle. Doesn’t matter how gash the other teams have been as you said from day 1 to day 150 (or how many days there has been) that we would be fighting relegation but it hasn’t happened. Barring first few games of the season we have never been within 6 points of the bottom 3 but that hasn’t stopped the non stop words of wisdom that we are in a fight to stay up.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    It really was never in doubt, even when the realists mentioned our obvious relegation battle for the 937th time thus season after we beat Burton away.
    It was only the 934th Blue. (I deleted a few).

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Im glad its gone from 'in a titanic relegation battle' to 'it would take a titanic collapse'.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    We lost 6 games on the trot last season from a decent position and nearly went down so never in doubt is nonsense.

We're safe now though and I'm well happy with that.

Restructure in the summer tho. Please don't extend Ollies contract.
    To be honest I didn't once think we were going down this season. Did we even come close? I'm sure we've been at least 6 or 8 point clear?

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    We're never going down. But it's in spite of Ollie, not because of him.

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Mr Ian Holloway's words:

and in the end we saw a young kid's talent get us something out of nothing.

"It wasn't the prettiest, but we'll take that and I'm delighted the young lad is showing why I've put faith in him.

"What I need is the fans to stick with us, because in some games that stardust won't show."

Clearly I've been in a parallel universe all season.

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    I like to be unpredictable

Or it's the beer after a happy day and 3 points
    Haha always tastes better after a win

Leave a comment:

Working...
X