WHY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY

has it taken him 3/4 of a season to realise that wingbacks and 3 at the back doesn't work for us?

Is this a one off though and will he revert to type?

We played SO much better tonight in a 4-3-3...but just imagine how much better 4-4-2 with natural wingers would be. That's probably asking for too much though.

It does feel like Ollie has wasted our season.

Comment

still playing players out of position (Lynch)
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        has it taken him 3/4 of a season to realise that wingbacks and 3 at the back doesn't work for us?

Is this a one off though and will he revert to type?

We played SO much better tonight in a 4-3-3.

Just imagine how much better 4-4-2 with natural wingers would be though....but that's probably asking for too much.
        Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        It does feel like Ollie has wasted our season.
        Yep. I enjoyed that game. Scandalous how bad his management has been. Mad two last subs today. Can forgive him Lynch but taking off Furlong, not Scowen was dumb.

Washington is done. Shouldnt play again.

Comment

Death of 3-5-2

I hope we never see it again. Best performance for a long long time. Surprising what happens when you play people in their correct positions!

Smyth is an absolute gem!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            Was an inch away from being genius.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
              I hope we never see 3-5-2 again. Best performance for a long long time. Surprising what happens when you play people in their correct positions!

Smyth is an absolute gem!
              Totally agree mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Yep. I enjoyed that game. Scandalous how bad his management has been. Mad two last subs today. Can forgive him Lynch but taking off Furlong, not Scowen was dumb.

Washington is done. Shouldnt play again.
                i thought taking off furlong was the right call but not moving scowen to rb and having pavel on the right side of midfield was a bit odd. oh well it was a good point, i feel like i've eaten a big steak dinner i'm so satisfied with the 433 tonight and the way we played, especially in the second half!

Comment

No way was furlong coming off right call he was our MOM had a fantastic game. Has to start next game

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    Personally 100% understood that sub. Smith was purely a target man for long balls tbh, and he was knackered . We had 5 mins or so to go chasing the game, Lynch can easily do a similar target man job in such a situation and he had fresh legs.

So as much as I agree Ollie’s tactics usually baffle me, I could understand this one .
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Should have put Oteh this on

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Personally 100% understood that sub. Smith was purely a target man for long balls tbh, and he was knackered . We had 5 mins or so to go chasing the game, Lynch can easily do a similar target man job in such a situation and he had fresh legs.

So as much as I agree Ollie’s tactics usually baffle me, I could understand this one .
                        Agree Matty. As mad as it seemed, you can at least see some logic in it. Unlike the majority of this season.

Comment

Does Ollie like to win games or does he want to prove himself right at the expense of results, player confidence and fan opprobrium?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Does Ollie like to win games or does he want to prove himself right at the expense of results, player confidence and fan opprobrium?
                            Thanks for teaching me a new word Cricks and yes, quite possibly

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Thanks for teaching me a new word Cricks and yes, quite possibly
                              I quite enjoyed using it

Comment

Working...
                              X