Crucial result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Great result its the points that matter as Ginger says.

Enjoying the result but we are still in the mix ok outsiders
    but still in the mix so dont count your chickens.....
    This with bells on.

Anyone relaxing (especially Holloway) could be setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

There is no escaping the fact that QPR have an appalling away record and with fixtures at Wolves, Hull, Reading, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Fulham and Brentford to come , they will be relying on home form to pick up between 13 -16 more points.

I can't see them picking up more than 4 points on their travels playing the way they have been away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      And I've not seen effort or commitment like that second half effort in years from Rangers. Superb stuff.
      Barnsley are proper dogsh!t and will finish below us for sure.
      Yet QPR couldn't muster a shot on target in the 1st half, and only managed to score the 1 goal.

Great defending in the end, but wouldn't it have been great if QPR could have done what Bristol City did the previous week and gone on to score that elusive 2nd goal? Still, in the end have to be grateful for the win and a much needed clean sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Yet QPR couldn't muster a shot on target in the 1st half, and only managed to score the 1 goal.

Great defending in the end, but wouldn't it have been great if QPR could have done what Bristol City did the previous week and gone on to score that elusive 2nd goal? Still, in the end have to be grateful for the win and a much needed clean sheet.
        We did have four 1on1s in fairness we screwed up

Comment

This with bells on.

Anyone relaxing (especially Holloway) could be setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

There is no escaping the fact that QPR have an appalling away record and with fixtures at Wolves, Hull, Reading, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Fulham and Brentford to come , they will be relying on home form to pick up between 13 -16 more points.

I can't see them picking up more than 4 points on their travels playing the way they have been away from home.
          We`ve won 2 away in the last soo many games, so id say hopefully getting that out of the way now hopefully.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            We did have four 1on1s in fairness we screwed up
            Lol lets ignore that cracks me up how some defend other teams and make excuses up if we did ok, should of scored atleast two of those missed
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We shouldn't overlook the fact that we got our 7th clean sheet under Holloway either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                We`ve won 2 away in the last soo many games, so id say hopefully getting that out of the way now hopefully.
                Unfortunately those came against Birmingham and Burton and quite frankly almost every team has been winning at the latter and the former were on a terrible run.

Apart from Hull and Reading, all the other away games are at clubs above QPR and most are doing reasonably well, ie. Wolves, Villa, Fulham, Brentford & Sheff Utd. They end the season away at Leeds.

But yes, hopefully they can remember how to draw a few and perhaps nick a win at some of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  We shouldn't overlook the fact that we got our 7th clean sheet under Holloway either.
                  fair point and we were up against the might of megabucks Barnsley. Epic performance and result that will be talked about for years to come. Only equivalent I can think of in the last few decades is the 4-1 at Old Trafford and 6-0 against Chelsea. Even they don't really come close.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    fair point and we were up against the might of megabucks Barnsley. Epic performance and result that will be talked about for years to come. Only equivalent I can think of in the last few decades is the 4-1 at Old Trafford and 6-0 against Chelsea. Even they don't really come close.
                    I think Brighton was being ironic.
                    Although you jest we shouldn't overlook the fact that for once this season we are at least winning the games that matter against the teams at or near the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Not forgetting the 3-1 win at Liverpool!

Comment

Think Scowen has written himself into QPR folklore.

Could make Bobby jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          I think Brighton was being ironic.
                          Although you jest we shouldn't overlook the fact that for once this season we are at least winning the games that matter against the teams at or near the bottom.
                          You are of course correct, because QPR still have a number of fixtures against sides below them to play ; Bolton, Sunderland Hull Reading Birmingham Forest, win 4 of them and QPR should be safe from relegation.

Comment

You are of course correct, because QPR still have a number of fixtures against sides below them to play ; Bolton, Sunderland Hull Reading Birmingham Forest, win 4 of them and QPR should be safe from relegation.
                            Let's hope so mate. We just need to avoid a repeat of last seasons bad run.

Comment

I didn't say we played well. I said I admired our effort after going down to 10 men. We looked the more likely to score a second than Barnsley to score an equaliser.
                              It makes me laugh how some still manage to scoff at a win. It's a win we should've achieved but a good win against one of the teams below us.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                I didn't say we played well. I said I admired our effort after going down to 10 men. We looked the more likely to score a second than Barnsley to score an equaliser.
                                It makes me laugh how some still manage to scoff at a win. It's a win we should've achieved but a good win against one of the teams below us.
                                Wiining is for losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X