No announcement yet.

Massimo Luongo is the best midfielder in the championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All championship midfielders with more than 4 appearances so far this season.

Todays ratings... Only their keeper was higher rated. Keep saying I'm on a wind up but if you take off the ####ed off glasses and put on logical ones, the guy was much better than you thought. Only thing that stopped him being man of the match was having a defence that decided to ignore the midfield in the first half.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      You must have missed the game, only player in the midfield who didn't put a single foot wrong today and could have scored 3 tbh. Everyone complained that he wasn't consistent, so he got consistent, then everyone complained that he didn't score, so he's decided to go and do that because he can. Looking forward to the next thing fans find to criticize the kid on.
      Definitely starting to look half decent & consistent. Fair play because i couldn't see it a year ago.

Comment

he did ok tonite no more than that for me , freeman was good always wanting the ball and trying to make things happen .... how on earth did we not win

Comment

Cant argue with those stats.
          We should be proud of him, hes playing so well this season.
          Think Scowen is his perfect partner and thats the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Cant argue with those stats.
            We should be proud of him, hes playing so well this season.
            Think Scowen is his perfect partner and thats the reason.
            Interesting that Scowen only got a 6.9 on there though. I thought he played well, especially given the fact he was on the end of 3 horrible challenges. Just dusted himself off and got on with it. Exactly the sort of midfielder that we were missing last season in my opinion!

Comment

Thought Mass was fantastic tonight. Deserved the goal.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Interesting that Scowen only got a 6.9 on there though. I thought he played well, especially given the fact he was on the end of 3 horrible challenges. Just dusted himself off and got on with it. Exactly the sort of midfielder that we were missing last season in my opinion!
                me too, i think its coz scowen's role is underappreciated by most other fans whereas we love finally having a player like that in the team. he sure allows mass and luke to really play the way they're best suited too. i'd rather keep scowen than mass if i had the choice tbh

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  me too, i think its coz scowen's role is underappreciated by most other fans whereas we love finally having a player like that in the team. he sure allows mass and luke to really play the way they're best suited too. i'd rather keep scowen than mass if i had the choice tbh
                  Ok I really like Scowen but you can't be serious can you? Mass does literally everything. Tackling? Yep, Intercepting? Yep, Heading? Yep, Through Balls? Yep, Dribbling? Yep, Chasing and hassling? Yep, even Shooting now? Yep.

I swear the guy could be our top scorer by the end of the season and people will say, yea but x, y or z got more assists...
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think we'll get at least 2m for him in January on this form, maybe 2.1m.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      he did ok tonite no more than that for me , freeman was good always wanting the ball and trying to make things happen .... how on earth did we not win
                      Because yet again the defence went to sleep for a moment early in the second half. Happens every bloody game!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        No I didn't miss it fella I was defo there

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                          Because yet again the defence went to sleep for a moment early in the second half. Happens every bloody game!
                          i don't know what bidwell was doing for their 2nd , he just stood still then threw his arms in the air

Comment

Luongo still has real upside potential, and as Ollie and others have said if he starts scoring as well, watch out. Do think he reflects a much more capable trio of himself, Scowen and Freeman; latter two have been awesome so far this season as well.

Comment

Noticeable that he is now having shots when last year he shyed away from this.

Got decent shoot on him when he lets fly

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Ok I really like Scowen but you can't be serious can you? Mass does literally everything. Tackling? Yep, Intercepting? Yep, Heading? Yep, Through Balls? Yep, Dribbling? Yep, Chasing and hassling? Yep, even Shooting now? Yep.

I swear the guy could be our top scorer by the end of the season and people will say, yea but x, y or z got more assists...
                                yes but even you can admit that for the past 2 seasons mass has been limited and inconsistent, along with pretty much every other player we have. bringing in scowen has allowed luongo to fully play the role hes best at, allowed luke to be a proper creative spark, shielded the defence and allowed everyone more freedom to do stuff. for the past 2 seasons mass tried to play that same role but couldn't, well at least not very well anyway. josh was exactly what we were missing which is why i see him as our most important player

Comment

Working...
                                X