best ever championship starting XI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best ever championship starting XI?

Don't you think that on paper this could be one of, if not the best starting XI to ever grace the Championship?

Green

Perch Onouha Angella Konchesky

Sandro Faurlin/Luongo

Phillips Fer Chery

Austin

If Ramsey cant get top 6 with that team plus back ups of JET, Henry, Gladwin, Yun etc he's surely not up to it!

I would sort of agree with the best midfield & attack, but defensively we are way off. Nowhere near.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

only based on what we've been seeing but Angella was good player at Watford (fans gutted to see him leave) and Onouha should be top Championship CB. For whatever reason though they are massively under performing at the moment.

Comment

Dire defence, very good attack. On that basis, not even close to best ever starting XI.

Comment

James Perch shouldn't be in any Championship starting XI let alone the best ever !

Comment

Not saying he should be but i cant think of any championship side that has ever been top players 1 to 11. I think that minus Perch and maybe Konchesky that this could be the best starting XI i can think of in the Championship, if you can find a better one let me see it.

Comment

Do you mean best starting XI this season, or ever?

Comment

Ever it says mate. Midfield and forward line I'd agree with, but that defence could be the worst ever.

Comment

Newcastle's team in 2009/10 is what you need for this division. Hard working grafters with that extra bit of quality in all departments. Their defence that year is miles better than ours, strong midfield (Barton, Nolan, Alan Smith), decent wingers (Routledge and Gutierrez) and Andy Carroll up front
                  Last edited by Hove Ranger; 07-10-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
                    Not saying he should be but i cant think of any championship side that has ever been top players 1 to 11. I think that minus Perch and maybe Konchesky that this could be the best starting XI i can think of in the Championship, if you can find a better one let me see it.
                    The Newcastle side that ripped the division apart in 2009/10.....by far the best I've seen in recent times

Harper

Simpson Collocini Taylor Enrique

Guthrie Smith Barton Gutierez

Nolan

Carroll

And that is without Krul, Routledge, Taylor, Lovenkrands, Geremi

Comment

This team wasn't bad...

Stepney

Greenhoff Forsyth Houston Buchan

McIlroy Coppell Daly

Macari Pearson Morgan

Or doesn't the old 2nd division count?

Comment

Warnocks team would batter our current lot IMO.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                          Warnocks team would batter our current lot IMO.
                          Would be hard to score against them that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
                            Don't you think that on paper this could be one of, if not the best starting XI to ever grace the Championship?

Green

Perch Onouha Angella Konchesky

Sandro Faurlin/Luongo

Phillips Fer Chery

Austin

If Ramsey cant get top 6 with that team plus back ups of JET, Henry, Gladwin, Yun etc he's surely not up to it!

It went wrong for me as soon as I saw Green as keeper, then Onouha in front of him.

So deffo NOT any where near the best starting 11 by a long shot.

Comment

Surely Newcastle or Reading have the best ever team in the Championship, as they have the records for the most points.

Comment

Working...
                              X