What I don't get is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Not sure its that black and white mate as remember Redcrapp putting out side of season pros on two occasions against MK Dons and Sheff Utd and getting thumped
    For me that was a character issue. As I said above you can't expect to win games with such a mix and match of players. He went strong first game, not the next, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      For me that was a character issue. As I said above you can't expect to win games with such a mix and match of players. He went strong first game, not the next, why?
      I think on paper the side he put out was strong enough to beat Carlisle at home. The problem was more to do with the players' attitude and not giving 100% on the pitch, than any lack of ability. And it was this that angered CR so much, which he's since gone public over, as well as I'm sure telling the players in no uncertain terms that if they don't up there game then they're out on their ear.

Comment

Quick someone go on the Everton forum and see if they dint get it either, cos they are 2-0 down at Barnsley. And realistically this is the only competition they will ever have any chance to win in their lifetimes now the gulf in the top of the prem. They should be madder than any of us i reckon.

Comment

They either thought they'd walk it or they never had any intention of actually trying.

Personally I think we should always try and should take the cup seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Quick someone go on the Everton forum and see if they dint get it either, cos they are 2-0 down at Barnsley. And realistically this is the only competition they will ever have any chance to win in their lifetimes now the gulf in the top of the prem. They should be madder than any of us i reckon.
            Never been relegated.

Always punch above their weight

Well run club

Massive crowds every week

Nor exactly similar to our situation over the last few years is it mate?

Comment

That team last night was not good enough nor are the youngsters (left back aside) good enough to feature. Why did Faurlin not have a run out to get more match fitness? Furlong needs to learn to defend the ball and not play the man as the 2nd goal showed last night. Too many changes and it highlighted how poor our squad is when you take 4-5 first teamers out. Decent cup run would have been nice this especially as we are looking to just consolodate this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Never been relegated.

Always punch above their weight

Well run club

Massive crowds every week

Nor exactly similar to our situation over the last few years is it mate?
                I was saying they are the opposite of us so should be desperate to win this competition cos they have a chance to and have nothing to ever play for every single year as they are a stable top half prem club and that will never change, didn't compare them in one tiny tiny slither of a way to Rangers who are always either fighting to go up or stay up, so we dont need the cup runs and their distractions. Apols if it looked like that in any way, but i cant see it how it does reading it back.

They came back and won 3-5 anyway, so it shows they want it bad.

Comment

Dont know what the prize money is but maybe more of an incentive needs to be given for clubs to compete at their best

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    That team last night was not good enough nor are the youngsters (left back aside) good enough to feature. Why did Faurlin not have a run out to get more match fitness? Furlong needs to learn to defend the ball and not play the man as the 2nd goal showed last night. Too many changes and it highlighted how poor our squad is when you take 4-5 first teamers out. Decent cup run would have been nice this especially as we are looking to just consolodate this season.
                    Because if Faurlin got injured against a league two side in a mickey mouse cup, everyone on here would have the hump at Ramsey
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Used the game to find out which fringe players would be knocking on the door of the first XI end of

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Used the game to find out which fringe players would be knocking on the door of the first XI end of
                        Only to discover that far from knocking on the door, they are not quite halfway up the garden path.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Only to discover that far from knocking on the door, they are not quite halfway up the garden path.
                          At least we know and didn't jeopardise our league position. This is the point CR made yesterday; this team could have potentially started a league game soon. Now he knows we can't do that.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            At least we know and didn't jeopardise our league position. This is the point CR made yesterday; this team could have potentially started a league game soon. Now he knows we can't do that.
                            Oh, I agree Nasser. Would have thought that he would have known already though, to be fair.

Still, no harm done, other than to offend the sensibilities of those who went expecting us to take it seriously. Without the distraction of another cup competition, perhaps those in charge of such things can now go off and ensure that they build a squad capable of dealing with injuries and suspensions, as it is blatantly clear that those that may have been back up players for such eventualities, are in no way up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              And if they got injured or sent off?

Highly unlikely for all 5 or 6 1st choice player to get injured or sent off in 1 game.
                              I don't ever recall that happening before.

At 3-0 or 3-1 you could have subbed a couple.
                              Chery has been subbed on 60 mins 3 times this season I think
                              If Phillips or Austin picked up a knock, GREAT, we can't sell them next week.
                              And we got an international break to recover, or Fer, Sandro, Yun, etc may be available ?

My point being 10 changes was never going to work.
                              Change half the team or less and you retain some consistency or at least a spine of players used to playing with each other.....

Comment

Working...
                              X