Remaining mercenaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining mercenaries

Listening to CR's Carlisle post match comment, it looks like he is furious about Hoilett by saying "look at themselves".

Hoilett has never tried his best since coming from Blackburn. His only positive was the play off final assist for Zamora.

I just hope now the club stop playing him and any remaining mercenaries (Traore?) until their contracts expire and they F*** off even If key players get injured and opt to play youngsters perhaps not being good enough simply because Hoilett will never try his best while the youngsters with their limited quality will try though.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Tbh mate Hoilett was one of the better players last night. Don't get me wrong he was stil pretty pony at lot of the time, but he was certainly our most creative player (alongside JET I'd say). Also, Hoilett didn't lack work rate, he put in a shift and was chasing a lot of things down. He just isn't quite good enough.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/r...gue-cup-defeat
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Tbh mate Hoilett was one of the better players last night. Don't get me wrong he was stil pretty pony at lot of the time, but he was certainly our most creative player (alongside JET I'd say). Also, Hoilett didn't lack work rate, he put in a shift and was chasing a lot of things down. He just isn't quite good enough.
        Agreed. Thought the stick he got last night was slightly unfair. Put a shift in, looked threatening and dangerous. A few times there was no movement for him once he got the ball. Didnt do too badly in the number 10 role

Comment

I like the fact that Ramsey is getting tough in this interview. Somebody has needed to say it for years. Too many guys have been through this club that think the world owes them a favour (and a pay cheque). I'm totally behind his philosophy of playing youth over those that don't want to put in a shift. In the short term it won't win us any trophies but in the long term it will get the right ethos back into the club and weed out the mercenaries that we have been plagued with in recent years!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
            Agreed. Thought the stick he got last night was slightly unfair. Put a shift in, looked threatening and dangerous. A few times there was no movement for him once he got the ball. Didnt do too badly in the number 10 role
            Agree turk. I know it's seen as the done thing to hate on Hoilett but a group around me were unreal, evey touch he was getting slated somtimes even before he had received the ball, then if he lost it they stood up & laid into him. However when he done well (which he did on quite a few occassions) they would stay silent, not ackowledge it, and then proceed toslate him next time he lost it and say things along the lines of "every **** time you've lost it tonight Toilet". I am all for criticism where it's deserved, but you've gotta give credit where it's due also.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree turk. I know it's seen as the done thing to hate on Hoilett but a group around me were unreal, evey touch he was getting slated somtimes even before he had received the ball, then if he lost it they stood up & laid into him. However when he done well (which he did on quite a few occassions) they would stay silent, not ackowledge it, and then proceed toslate him next time he lost it and say things along the lines of "every **** time you've lost it tonight Toilet". I am all for criticism where it's deserved, but you've gotta give credit where it's due also.
              My thoughts exactly. He's not my favourite player but you get the feeling people go to the game to criticise certain players no matter how they play. I bet the group around you were quiet when Hoilett dribbled through 3 players and got a shot off (which he did 2/3 times) or the chest and overhead kick which would have been a great goal!

Comment

Blokes been stealing a living tho matty. Though it's clearly counter-productive, I can't blame folk for venting their fury.

Comment

I thought Hoilett was ok last night. He had three defenders on him a lot of the time, he was drowned out.

Comment

Don't think Ramsey agrees! Looks like that was his last game for us going by his massive rant about him!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                      My thoughts exactly. He's not my favourite player but you get the feeling people go to the game to criticise certain players no matter how they play. I bet the group around you were quiet when Hoilett dribbled through 3 players and got a shot off (which he did 2/3 times) or the chest and overhead kick which would have been a great goal!
                      I was potentially leading that group of people that matty is talking about

To be honest, it wasn't for the want of trying. I really want him to prove that he is worth all that money he's earning, but just isn't. For that reason, I gave him a lot of hate. That being said, I did like the dribble he did and that overhead and I was close to going mental at that moment but things weren't meant to be.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Sorry guys, I can't agree. And I NEVER boo our players.

Hoilett should have controlled and run that game last night.
                        Instead he ran down too many blind alleys and I lost count of how many times he lost possession.
                        His 3 chances ongoal - fair play for the cheeky flick, but the other 2 times he was in on goal, he poked 1 wide and missed the ball for the other. His shooting and goal ratio is appalling.
                        I don't recall a single good cross from him and not just last night. Even at Wembley, after doing well to chase the ball down, he passed tamely to their defender. Thankfully he messed his clearance up.

I didn't boo or slate him last night, 7 of them didn't play well enough. Some young & inexperienced. He isn't either, but the biggest disappointmentbut for me was Ramsey making 10 changes. Far too manyi. But n 3 years Hoilett has not recreated his Blackburn form.
                        Like SWP, I Fear he will refuse a loan and be content with picking up his substantial wages for another year. Knowing he'll be free to agree a big signing on fee next Summer. He just gives that air of 'not bothered' about him.

Sorry, rant over. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the plus side, we found out last night that Hill is finally too old, Goburn is no good, Furlong & Grego Cox need to go on loan to learn their trade, neither are of Championship level - yet.

Comment

Hoilett deserves everything he gets.. Know why?

Because he chose to come to us for money, no other reason! He chose to come to us for money and has been absolute sh1te since he arrived.
                          Players like him dont deserve our support.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Hoilett deserves everything he gets.. Know why?

Because he chose to come to us for money, no other reason! He chose to come to us for money and has been absolute sh1te since he arrived.
                            Players like him dont deserve our support.
                            In fairness 90% of the players at least that we have signed in the last four years have come primarily for the money.

Think a lot of that interview was Ramsey looking to deflect attention from his team selection. Any fan could have looked at that team sheet and thought "I can see another upset on here."

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              In fairness 90% of the players at least that we have signed in the last four years have come primarily for the money.

Think a lot of that interview was Ramsey looking to deflect attention from his team selection. Any fan could have looked at that team sheet and thought "I can see another upset on here."
                              He had no reason to deflect from selection, everyone knew this would be his selection. Why would he choose otherwise? The cup is just another distraction.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X