im really not so sure about les ferdinand as director of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im really not so sure about les ferdinand as director of football

im really not so sure about les as a director of football,im not happy that we are going down the route of using inexperienced manager and inexperienced director of
    football just because harry redknapp completely screwed everything up,that dosnt mean we need to throw away something that has been with our club
    for the last 60 years
    when billy birrel left us to manage chelsea in the 50 s he was just one of many great managers
    for instance
    terry venables
    dave sexton
    jim smith
    don howe
    alec stock
    gerry francis
    etc
    etc
    etc
    what do you guys think
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Your'e dam right not to be sure ted ! this fella relegated us back at the end of January
    He was too keen on starving HR out of transfers to force him out he left us woefully short at the back we desperately needed 2 more defenders to push us over the line but he left us with Calamity Caulker and poor cover at full backs .
    Instead of stabbing Redknapp in the back he should have convinced the board to sack him on the 1st of January and then brought in the defenders needed
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 23-04-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

yep

yep my gut feeling in we could end up building for a promotion for four years only to get smashed up and relegated,tony has got to realise that we need experiece
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Your'e dam right not to be sure ted ! this fella relegated us back at the end of January
        He was too keen on starving HR out of transfers to force him out he left us woefully short at the back we desperately needed 2 more defenders to push us over the line but he left us with Calamity Caulker and poor cover at full backs .
        Instead of stabbing Redknapp in the back he should have convinced the board to sack him on the 1st of January and then brought in the defenders needed
        Yeah because buying more players always works for us like it did last we got relegated

For once on this forum it would be good if people actually looked at the bigger picture for once
        We Are The People.....

Comment

Agree Rangersw12

So many go on about learning lessons then complain when the mistakes made before are not repeated

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Agree Rangersw12

So many go on about learning lessons then complain when the mistakes made before are not repeated
            Westy being in the Premier league costs a lot of money because you can earn fantastic amounts of money by staying there we have already spent heavily to get to where we are , everybody that actually goes to games knows we are almost good enough to stay there but not quite good enough ,
            Caulker has done more than any other player in the squad to send us down , had we bought in 2 more defenders in January IMO we could stayed up, be fair you wouldn't need to have spent a fortune on someone to do a steadier job than Caulker and some to cover the fullbacks loans would have helped .
            As regards to learning lessons on spending we have made more from promotion than we've spent also take in to account since Warnocks forced panic buying in the last 2 weeks of his window and then Hughs brilliant buying spree we have been playing catch up every window since ,
            the bottom line is 90% of promoted clubs have had to spend to get there and spend to stay there

Comment

I wouldn't of been confident with any signings Redknapp would of brought in he's that bad.

Personally, signings or not I was just glad to see the back of the lying, fraud, fake saggy faced mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                I wouldn't of been confident with any signings Redknapp would of brought in he's that bad.

Personally, signings or not I was just glad to see the back of the lying, fraud, fake saggy faced mug.
                Would'nt it have been signings made by our DOF

Comment

I don't like it one bit either. Proxy role, hate it
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Not while saggy was there no I'd say. That's why he left I'd put a sheckle or two on. Power struggle he was always gonna lose.

Comment

Sorry that was meant to quote dogrsss

Comment

Lol there's always a new target. Harry, Tony, Ramsay now Les. Jude the bl00dy cat next I reckon.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I like the idea of having a DOF and I like having Les Ferdinand in it. I am seeing signs that we are finally starting to improve the way we do things. Not spending heavily in January, and no doubt paying well over the odds for players no better than the ones we already have, was an excellent start. Appointing Chris Ramsey instead of bowing to the demands of a greedy megalomaniac like Tim Sherwood was another big step in the right direction. It seems as though Les Ferdinand has had a hand in these decisions, and if so, I say "well done".
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

The only person we came close to signing, (and Les pulled the plug on) from what I remember, was Adebayor. And maybe Matt Jarvis but that never would have happened due to the loan rules.

I'm not a huge fan of Les in the DoF role but it is interesting that there are huge threads slating the board and the state of the finances of the club and a similar number saying we should have spent a lot more!

Comment

Think he pulled the plug on defoe as well, which he should be applauded for.

Comment

Working...
                              X