Captain Joey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Joey

Superb, brave and warrior-like performance today, capped off with a well-deserved goal. We're so much stronger with him in the team. Clear MOTM for me.

Another world class goal by Bobby, a great strike by Eduardo, and an excellent set-piece with assist by Niko and finished by Charlie...Could easily have had two pens as well.

Credit to Ramsey too for his spot-on team selection and tactics today.

One point off 18th now, this win will restore some belief that we can still do it....You R's!...

Feeling better after today result. We are still the underdogs however.

Comment

Barton was fantastic today. Put himself about bigtime. And thought Yun was great too putting his body in and loads of clearances. Still think we were a little laboured at times and could so easily have been punished more but thats just me being a bit harsh. I do think that if we also looked to go for goal more in the last 10 mins instead of trying to hold it we could easily had maybe 2 more. But great performance today and fully deserved the win.

Comment

thought we were going to be in trouble today with zamora starting and no striker on the bench. who knew he'd score a dazzler.

joey was great today. reckon that yellow he got as well was harsh.

hope vargas was just a niggle and will be back for villa.
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Superb, brave and warrior-like performance today, capped off with a well-deserved goal. We're so much stronger with him in the team. Clear MOTM for me.

Another world class goal by Bobby, a great strike by Eduardo, and an excellent set-piece with assist by Niko and finished by Charlie.

Credit to Ramsey too for his spot-on team selection and tactics today.

One point off 18th now, this win will restore some belief that we can still do it....You R's!...
          Barton had a good game. No doubt about it.

Let's not go mad though. He's been in the team for most of the season, and been terrible most of the time. This is the level of performance we should be expecting, not praising him to the rafters for.

Let's hope this is the standard set for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post

Let's not go mad though. He's been in the team for most of the season, and been terrible most of the time. This is the level of performance we should be expecting, not praising him to the rafters for.

This . Great game from a player o really don't like but fair play to him . That's the level of performance you should expect from your captain every week . Good start , roll on Tuesday

Comment

Agree KuPR. Not "going mad", but credit where it's due - he was excellent today.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Agree KuPR. Not "going mad", but credit where it's due - he was excellent today.
                Absolutely. Proper display from him. Nice to see him get a goal too.

Comment

Him and Sandro were immense.
                  I admired Ramsey's balls in trusting them to take care of business in midfield and allow Philips and Vargas to get forward..... Seemed to completely bamboozle WBA.

Comment

Captains performance and for me whatever division we end up in next season as long as the deal suits us he gets another year simple

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Captains performance and for me whatever division we end up in next season as long as the deal suits us he gets another year simple
                      Nah, i still want him gone. Not good enough, consistently enough to override how much I dislike him. He also will not take a big enough pay cut to stay.

Can't wait till he's off our books.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        He is the only real captain material in the team IMO. But does Bobby get another year after that performance?

Comment

Joey had another great game, MOM last game and this one for me.

Comment

No to Bobby but like it or not Joey makes a difference when he plays and were better side with him in it

Comment

Just cos you dont like the bloke people aint allowed to start a thread after a huge win praising him????

Comment

Working...
                              X