Manager for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager for next season

Stay up or go down, one thing is clear: a new manager is a must. Who though?

Paul Clement is a possibility, perhaps Big Sam or Steve McLaren. Don't know much about Clement, but either of the other two might be ok.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

PC is is in the same boat as CR, none have ever managed.

My first choice for long term would be Eddie Howe, this is where I'd blow my money if I were Tony!

Comment

For me Clement would be Ramsey Mark two

The clubs existence is at stake we cannot afford anymore mistakes so get me Big Sam you know what you going to get with him

Comment

Whoever it is cant be having striker coach Les lording it over him as DOF

Comment

Pc is a unknown quantity and harsh for any of us to really judge - I also think Ramsey is getting a pretty rough ride - this isnt his team and our squad is pony for a orem league team! We lack serious quality and no depth! We have one out and out goal scorer and out cm midfield and wing positions are a joke for this level apart from Matty phillips! Defensively well no point even going there!

We struggled in the championship last year with a very similar squad so no surprise we are struggling really!!

Eddie Howe is the dream but he ain't going no where soon from Bournemouth!!

Comment

Kenny Jacket although I doubt he will leave Wolves now

Seeing as we will be screwed by the FL and little or no chance of going back up I would like to see Gareth Ainsworth appointed could be Holloway mark 2 and galvanise the club

One thing that needs to happen is TF standing down and a competent CEO appointed
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Would take McClaren personally. Hopefully Derby continue their form and don't go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Would take McClaren personally. Hopefully Derby continue their form and don't go up.
                And lets hope hes bad at getting promoted with us eh???? Dont get the thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  And lets hope hes bad at getting promoted with us eh???? Dont get the thinking
                  Wouldnt say he's done a bad job. Took them form just above relegation zone last season to play off final and started this season off strongly but have only recently hit a bad run of form because of injuries. Unfortunately Kev Harry isnt coming back, its something you need to get over mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Wouldnt say he's done a bad job. Took them form just above relegation zone last season to play off final and started this season off strongly but have only recently hit a bad run of form because of injuries. Unfortunately Kev Harry isnt coming back, its something you need to get over mate
                    Harold outwitted your choice with ten men. Mcclarens a nearly man, another proper backwards step. Imo.

Comment

Clement could have the same effect with us as Karanka did with Boro
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Harold outwitted your choice with ten men. Mcclarens a nearly man, another proper backwards step. Imo.
                        Very true but I'm not sure what more McClaren could have done in the playoff final. He's assembled a fairly cheap, young, exciting team at Derby that play good football. Whether he would be a success with us I dont know but I do know the right man for the job isn't always the best (the most highly rated). The key is working out who the right man is. Beats me.

Comment

Allardyce is the best man for the job to be fair, though personally i would love to see warmock take usup again, but at the same tome i hate going back to old managers or players,

Comment

I would take Allardyce. Hopefully he isn't snapped up by a prem club in the summer. We are crying out for some proper organisation in the team, particularly in defence and with a lot of fans questioning the players commitment and desire that is definitely not something allardyce's teams lack

Comment

I think who we like and who we get are two different things.. The club is an absolute shambles at the minute. So IMO Paul Clement and Eddie Howe are off the list. Why would EH leave what he has at Bournemouth, bit of money, a decent squad and he has already been burnt when he left before. As for PC, looks like Ancelotti will get the bullit at Real, so he will be out the job more than likely but better offers will be on the table I'm sure of it.

Think the same with Steve McLaren, going well at DCFC, although looks like there gonna end up in the playoffs again this season it seems he has a decent squad and maybe a bigger team will go in for him. I would like McClaren, hopefully previous ties with the club haven't been severed and there might be a chance.

As for Big Sam, got a feeling it will be another Redknapp, he will want money to get up and more money to keep us in the Prem.. There will be no long term project under Big Sam.

And another issue is what someone has mentioned previous, is who wants to work under Les Ferdinand?
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                              X