Barton talks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton talks....

Joey Barton has spoken and like Ramsey, Henry and many other players, he thinks that the R's will survive. One of the reasons is because he is getting back! Also said that both Dunne and Fer will soon be back in contention. I really hate these statements from our players. It is true that Barton may add a bit of physicality to the team and maybe help to increase the fighting spirit within the team. However, I feel that's its too late now. We have a mountain to climb and the showing against Crystal Palace just shows how doomed our players are. Which is quite strange! Watching Burnley beat Man City, I just hated our players. Now there is a team fighting like their lives depended on that result. We never....never watched the R's playing that kind of staff. And they are not going to start now.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Joey Barton has spoken and like Ramsey, Henry and many other players, he thinks that the R's will survive. One of the reasons is because he is getting back! Also said that both Dunne and Fer will soon be back in contention. I really hate these statements from our players. It is true that Barton may add a bit of physicality to the team and maybe help to increase the fighting spirit within the team. However, I feel that's its too late now. We have a mountain to climb and the showing against Crystal Palace just shows how doomed our players are. Which is quite strange! Watching Burnley beat Man City, I just hated our players. Now there is a team fighting like their lives depended on that result. We never....never watched the R's playing that kind of staff. And they are not going to start now.
    No such thing as too late until it is totally out of our hands.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Appreciate your thoughts, however, on performances alone, I have already given up. The players are not trying enough and looks doomed. Ant they are the ones that matters most.

Comment

Appreciate your thoughts, however, on performances alone, I have already given up. The players are not trying enough and looks doomed. Ant they are the ones that matters most.
        but if you give up, how can you expect the players to care? I know they should be doing it in the first place but it is a downwards spiral.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Talk is cheap.

I think us as fans have just about had enough of players giving the old rallying cry only for it to all end in tears.

Comment

may I politely remind you of the Play Off final? I would say that was exactly what we need now and what Burnley showed. Just saying!

Comment

For me its nothing to do with desire - at this level it's all about quality and fitness and we are lacking in both particularly FITNESS

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                but if you give up, how can you expect the players to care? I know they should be doing it in the first place but it is a downwards spiral.
                Because the C###s are getting paid a F#####g fortune. It's there job. You are a wind up aren't you?
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                  Talk is cheap.

I think us as fans have just about had enough of players giving the old rallying cry only for it to all end in tears.
                  Agree buddy all we hear is talk. We got it last time too and we dropped. We got some characters in squad this time but I don't want to hear we know next game is big were going to win it I want them to go out and win

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Agree buddy all we hear is talk. We got it last time too and we dropped. We got some characters in squad this time but I don't want to hear we know next game is big were going to win it I want them to go out and win
                    Rather sadly, it would appear that all this "talking" of doing well but "doing" the opposite, is a constant feature of a QPR team over the last four seasons. Hardly surprising when despite their best intentions for us, those at the very top of the decision making tree, are constantly and consistently rewarding failure from several of the levels below. I don't hold out much hope at all, until such time as failure results in an adverse effect on the players, with rewards being given only for success.

Although conforming with the real world would require quite a shift in outlook and direction.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                      Because the C###s are getting paid a F#####g fortune. It's there job. You are a wind up aren't you?
                      You ask them to play, they will play and they will go on that pitch and perform. You ask them to put their heart into it when you won't do it yourself? And their only link to the club is financial? c'mon, the fans have to get behind the players. Saying it's over already won't give them any battle cries in the same way that motivated Burnley fans who believe in their team will give their players that edge.
                      When your team lacks quality, you have to have that extra heart. That is why clubs like chelsea can get away with not having loud fans, because their players are of such huge quality. For us, the fans play a huge role because the heart will be the difference ultimately. The quality isn't there and we all know it. But other clubs around us haven't given up yet. Not even leicester have ffs and they are well below us.

Comment

. Not even leicester have ffs and they are well below us.
                        one win below us

Comment

Barton is a farking ####
                          R's

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Hardly surprising when despite their best intentions for us, those at the very top of the decision making tree, are constantly and consistently rewarding failure from several of the levels below.
                            For me the fans are partly responsible for this as we are too accepting of the performances; Palace is an example. Shambolic pathetic performance and at the end of the game the players are applauded off with vigour like they have put in some back against the wall performance and nicked the points and a few have their names sang. If we as fans are prepared to accept efforts such as Saturday and all the other away efforts that went before it where is the pressure on the players to give that bit more and fight for us as no matter how poorly they play they get a heros reception

Comment

You ask them to play, they will play and they will go on that pitch and perform. You ask them to put their heart into it when you won't do it yourself? And their only link to the club is financial? c'mon, the fans have to get behind the players. Saying it's over already won't give them any battle cries in the same way that motivated Burnley fans who believe in their team will give their players that edge.
                              When your team lacks quality, you have to have that extra heart. That is why clubs like chelsea can get away with not having loud fans, because their players are of such huge quality. For us, the fans play a huge role because the heart will be the difference ultimately. The quality isn't there and we all know it. But other clubs around us haven't given up yet. Not even leicester have ffs and they are well below us.
                              Who are you to question my heart? Turn up week in, week out to be mugged off by the players.. We have been behind them all season and they have really been turning in the performances?!? Do you really think they give a toss about us? A select few I think do, but the majority dont care about us.
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                              X