Totally confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally confused

I have to ask does anyone in football know the rules anymore.

It would appear the officials certainly don't,the FA don't,the players seem confused and I
    as a fan of football for over 50 years am totally confused.

Today two cast iron penaltys not given.

When is there going to be some clarification on what is a foul,what is a penalty,what is yellow card,
    what is a red card and in the case of the cards the punishment that is going to be given.

It would appear nobody knows anymore for me football is fast becoming a farce.

Like other supporters and fans we pay good money to go to games but how long can
    football survive these totally unbelievable decisions,lack of continuity and lack of consistency in all of the above

As a fan of footie in general I am not only posting this because two pens not given today but
    for the greater good of footie overall.

If there is anyone out there that can confirm what the rules are now I would very much appreciate it.

I realise that over fifty years many parts of the game have changed but for me it has
    got to the point where the powers that be seem to making the rules up as they go along.

For passionate supporters like me it does not do your health much good.

Should email SKY Sports News or MOTD with that, hopefully they'd talk about the incidents and explain it to the nation.

Comment

I would MYU but they don't know either,i find it very frustrating having followed football over fifty years..

Comment

If the FA can retrospectively punish players why not refs?.....Not that it would do us any good.
        Got to have 3rd refs imo......cause these lot are either bent or totally incompetent

Comment

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that match fixing isn't solely the domain of the Italians.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            I'm fast coming to the conclusion that match fixing isn't solely the domain of the Italians.
            Only now? Difference between here and italy is that in italy, the match fixing isn't done by the federation itself, but the club. I have concluded the vendetta held by the FA and Football League has had a negative effect on the club.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

personally, i'm baffled as to how he couldn't give the isla pen. lloris misses the ball, catches the player, denies a clear scoring opportunity... it's a clear cut pen (not so clear cut whether it's a red or yellow card... red for me)

the zamora holding... yeah, i'd say penalty, but if it was against us, i'd be going on about 'you never see them given'

the handball, for me, is clear... ok, it's close, but the dude's hands are raised... he's making himself big. no penalty is a very generous decision.

but... y'know, the not-given-corner after 30 seconds is a terrible decision. even worse for me was zamora's yellow. he does very little, mason has a tantrum and has a bit of afters/handbags... the ref books zamora and takes no action against mason.

spuds weren't on their game today... but their 12th man ensured that they didn't drop points.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                personally, i'm baffled as to how he couldn't give the isla pen. lloris misses the ball, catches the player, denies a clear scoring opportunity... it's a clear cut pen (not so clear cut whether it's a red or yellow card... red for me)

the zamora holding... yeah, i'd say penalty, but if it was against us, i'd be going on about 'you never see them given'

the handball, for me, is clear... ok, it's close, but the dude's hands are raised... he's making himself big. no penalty is a very generous decision.

but... y'know, the not-given-corner after 30 seconds is a terrible decision. even worse for me was zamora's yellow. he does very little, mason has a tantrum and has a bit of afters/handbags... the ref books zamora and takes no action against mason.

spuds weren't on their game today... but their 12th man ensured that they didn't drop points.
                where ya been Klonk, been needing you today haha.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Only seen the incidents during the game and one was the other end of the pitch and the other people ion front of me were standing up just at that moment.

For years now keepers have fouled players after they have taken a shot and nothing gets given if the shot goes in or not, it's just the way it has always been. The handball looked like the guy was very close and it is pretty much Sky's fault that these debates keep coming up. Handball is like Suarez punching it off the line but with replays it seems that fans want a penalty every time a ball hits a hand and not the other way around. Hands and arms move around a lot during a fast paced game, it has to be deliberately stopping the ball not just your hand getting in the way. I didn't clearly see the incident today but it look like the defender was very close to the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                    Only seen the incidents during the game and one was the other end of the pitch and the other people ion front of me were standing up just at that moment.

For years now keepers have fouled players after they have taken a shot and nothing gets given if the shot goes in or not, it's just the way it has always been. The handball looked like the guy was very close and it is pretty much Sky's fault that these debates keep coming up. Handball is like Suarez punching it off the line but with replays it seems that fans want a penalty every time a ball hits a hand and not the other way around. Hands and arms move around a lot during a fast paced game, it has to be deliberately stopping the ball not just your hand getting in the way. I didn't clearly see the incident today but it look like the defender was very close to the ball.
                    Appreciate your points but there are far too many debates going on and it does not make a level playing field

Comment

Further to my original post the questions of what is offside also come into the equation.

Comment

Crap officiating. Where were the assistants?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Appreciate your points but there are far too many debates going on and it does not make a level playing field
                          I fully agree, blame Sky pundits for making up the rules on football. I thought handball was quite simple in that it needs to be deliberate not just the distance the ball is struck from.

Comment

Isla....maybe, seen them given. The handball? too close so no pen for me.

Comment

In my opinion there are so many different interpretations of the rules etc that fans will lose interest because
                              the very structure of the game will become laughable.

Action needs to be taken now to clarify the various rules that seem questionable

Comment

Working...
                              X