My take on yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on yesterday

Some have been pointed out but yesterday highlighted a few things to me.

When we play 2 upfront we need a creative midfielder with the organ grinder. Henry, Sandro and Barton are not the answer. Was Jordan Mutch? Is Leroy Fer? Either way it isn't helping us now.

Yesterday we looked short of ideas going forward other than lump it to Zamora, which isn't a bad tactic against a good side like Arsenal but we needed a plan B.

Ramsey has definitely improved fitness and desire and is also playing players only in their best positions, which is a marked improvement. This means players like Vargas and Zarate are not getting a sniff as Austin scores goals and Zamora is key to our only plan. Neither are that creative midfielder or wingers.

Ned and Caulker looked good together as did Yun at LB. Furlong had a good first half but as the game wore on and players in front of him got more tired he was exposed.

Krankjar for me shouldn't play for us again. He came on and we were sliced open. He is unfit and slow.

That's my honest and frank take on things. I also think we will go down and that Ramsey should have had 8 games more than he's getting as genuinely believe he would have kept us up.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    Some have been pointed out but yesterday highlighted a few things to me.

When we play 2 upfront we need a creative midfielder with the organ grinder. Henry, Sandro and Barton are not the answer. Was Jordan Mutch? Is Leroy Fer? Either way it isn't helping us now.

Yesterday we looked short of ideas going forward other than lump it to Zamora, which isn't a bad tactic against a good side like Arsenal but we needed a plan B.

Ramsey has definitely improved fitness and desire and is also playing players only in their best positions, which is a marked improvement. This means players like Vargas and Zarate are not getting a sniff as Austin scores goals and Zamora is key to our only plan. Neither are that creative midfielder or wingers.

Ned and Caulker looked good together as did Yun at LB. Furlong had a good first half but as the game wore on and players in front of him got more tired he was exposed.

Krankjar for me shouldn't play for us again. He came on and we were sliced open. He is unfit and slow.

That's my honest and frank take on things. I also think we will go down and that Ramsey should have had 8 games more than he's getting as genuinely believe he would have kept us up.

My take on yest. first half good, second half outclassed.

thought we were out on our feet yest. fittness has not improved imo.

lumping the ball upto #1hip at every opitunity. same as under redcrapp.

having furlong start against sanchez was a major mistake. the kid was completly out of his debt. we have an international on the bench in isla but this kid gets pick ahead of him and got completly roasted as i expected.

lastly, krankjar ffs.

ramsey has alot of learning to do and quick. i still back him though but fear the worst for the fella and our club.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      Zamora is key to our only plan.
      Sorry thats not good enough and if it is Ramsey's only plan then we are going down.

Comment

I like Ramsey and think he comes across very well in interviews etc. Honest bloke. Maybe the Chairman should have been a bit more ruthless and instead of saying
        "“If someone keeps us up now we’d be nuts to change him. But even if we don’t stay up, and we have to be real about it, I think Chris could still be the man that takes us to the promised land.”

He should have said keep us up or we look elsewhere and its back to coaching. Missing that bit of ruthlessness sometimes is TF as Harry and Hughes can testify.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

having furlong start against sanchez was a major mistake. the kid was completly out of his debt. we have an international on the bench in isla but this kid gets pick ahead of him and got completly roasted as i expected.
          What happened to your Avant garde care free 'play the kids even if we lose' atitude hits? You were the biggest advocate of play all our up and coming youngsters instead of mercenaries?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            What happened to your Avant garde care free 'play the kids even if we lose' atitude hits? You were the biggest advocate of play all our up and coming youngsters instead of mercenaries?
            Haha thought the exact same thing!!! But tbf to Hits Isla isnt exactly a mercenary..... would be like asking to drop our top/only goal scorer Austin for an up and coming youngster.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We did fine in the second half bar a 10 minute spell, we were better than them and we deserved more, only things that cost us were Kranjcar and unfortunately Furlong. Isla has to start and Doughty has to take the bench spot from now.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                as my mate Nick said. isla is no money grabbing cant. as for #5cap and toare, yes i would pick the kids over those two pr1cks every day of the week.

Comment

forgot to add doughtery over krank as nasser has said.

Comment

Omg.....not far off Ramcr*p out threads on here I reckon!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Not at all mate. just pointing out some mistakes which i think he made. overall, he is doing the best he can and is showing some passion. #Ramshyte in!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Not at all mate. just pointing out some mistakes which i think he made. overall, he is doing the best he can and is showing some passion. #Ramshyte in!
                        ...not having a dig at you alone hits just pulling your chain.....noticed a few threads questioning #Ramshyte from last night that's all. Typical of this board ain't it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          trust me dave it will happen.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Give him till Easter bush!

Comment

Though Furlong did well myself considering probably the best player in the league was always on his side. 19 yrs old home debut, lad done well.

Comment

Working...
                              X