Up Front...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Front...

Yesterday shows what happens when you add quickness to the front -- Fer was a threat the entire game, which allowed for Bobby Z, a slow but consistent player, to polay a pivotal role as well. When you pair Charlie and Bobby, two slow players, the entire complexion (and success) of the R's offense changes. IMO, always play Fer in the middle up front, flanked by either Charlie or Bobby, then surround that with speed from the wings (Vargas and Phillips). Harry liked it slow; we win when we kick the entire game into higher gear.

When you have bad knees you like it slow

Comment

I honestly feel playing a one up front with charlie would work if he had Fer playing behind him.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Didn't Booby run past two players near the end?

Comment

Harry liked the walking football approach!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Didn't Booby run past two players near the end?
            Nearly spat out my teeth when I saw him do that.

50minutes is all we can get from Zamora, says Redknapp.

Comment

Charlie can't do what Bob did last night...... It's sad, but it is true. His absense from the side was a big factor in that away performance and result. It meant we could play 4231. That and putting Fer where he ought be, having a performing Phillips on the right instead of a miscast Vargas, and by us playing further up the field than we have been largely because we were positive and purposeful.

Comment

silently i think Charlie's been holding us back but thats just me. he still doesn't have a Premiership brain and his first instinct is to turn and shoot no matter where he is on pitch, he's pretty useless outside the box a fox in just a fox without pace.. a lot of learning to do

Comment

Nasser you got any stats on how many points 'charlie holding us back austin' has won us on his own mate?

Comment

What a load of rubbish..get the ball in the box and Charlie will score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Nasser you got any stats on how many points 'charlie holding us back austin' has won us on his own mate?
                      Twelve invaluable points out of twenty two...... But all at home.

Comment

Working...
                      X