Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swp.......... Fark off

Takers? Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Shaun Wright-Phillips has been told to quit QPR by his boss - and revive his career at a club where he will get games.

The former Manchester City and Chelsea winger has played just once for Rangers all season - and only 78 minutes of that in the abject 1-0 defeat to fourth tier Burton in the League Cup back in August.

The 33-year-old was offered a chance to go to Bolton on loan but turned it down, and is seemingly content to see out the rest of his four-year deal on close to £70,000-a-week that expires in the summer.

Joy: Wright Phillips (L) and Adel Taarabt celebrate after beating Chelsea 1-0 in 2013
    Wright-Phillips is not a moment’s bother to manager Harry Redknapp, unlike Adel Taarabt, equally available for loan but unfit, but the manager agrees SWP's hefty pay packet is way beyond the means of most clubs outside the top flight.

“Big wages a problem? Absolutely,” said the manager, “and getting some players out is not easy; with Adel I can’t get him fit. If he was, he’d been in my squad.

“Shaun works and trains hard enough, but I think he needs to go and play somewhere.”

FROM GETWESTLONDON SPORT
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Takers? Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Shaun Wright-Phillips has been told to quit QPR by his boss - and revive his career at a club where he will get games.

The former Manchester City and Chelsea winger has played just once for Rangers all season - and only 78 minutes of that in the abject 1-0 defeat to fourth tier Burton in the League Cup back in August.

The 33-year-old was offered a chance to go to Bolton on loan but turned it down, and is seemingly content to see out the rest of his four-year deal on close to £70,000-a-week that expires in the summer.

Joy: Wright Phillips (L) and Adel Taarabt celebrate after beating Chelsea 1-0 in 2013
    Wright-Phillips is not a moment’s bother to manager Harry Redknapp, unlike Adel Taarabt, equally available for loan but unfit, but the manager agrees SWP's hefty pay packet is way beyond the means of most clubs outside the top flight.

“Big wages a problem? Absolutely,” said the manager, “and getting some players out is not easy; with Adel I can’t get him fit. If he was, he’d been in my squad.

“Shaun works and trains hard enough, but I think he needs to go and play somewhere.”

FROM GETWESTLONDON SPORT
    Yea on the m25

Comment

And SWP would abandon his generous wages at QPR why exactly?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

That lazy p0nce will be here untill next summer!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          And SWP would abandon his generous wages at QPR why exactly?
          To actually play some football maybe?
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            To actually play some football maybe?
            He plays football? Is he any good?
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              He plays football? Is he any good?
              So I've heard. Used to be half decent I think, played for this school team.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Hope we've learnt from this mistake, don't over pay unless you have a good clause in there that makes the player work for his place.

If a player works hard and trains, you should get paid, but if he don't and wants to leave then he don't get paid.

Comment

Think he has deffo got some sort of clause in his contract. He never ever gets a start and H R always mentions something about it when discussing him.

Comment

trains hard,hasn't caused me a minutes trouble since he's been here.the right sort ,triffic lad.just one thing, the little c unts fleecing my rosie of her pension pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      “and getting some players out is not easy; with Adel I can’t get him fit. If he was, he’d been in my squad."
                      Can we assume that since he's in the squad for Saturday that he's now fit then?

Comment

If he plays he's on the highest wage in the club...... Allegedly. Other than than that - it's a paltry 30 grand...... Allegedly

Comment

Was lucky Bolton wanted him. As soon as he leaves the better for everyone
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

It's not lucky if he don't want to leave.

Comment

Why would he want to "revive his career"? He's 33 and getting paid £60k a week to sit down for a living.

Comment

Working...
                              X