Redknapp refuses to play youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp refuses to play youth

Again we get a another lacklustre performance from another one of Redknapp's teams....why does he keep picking these players in games like this when he could play youngsters that would bleed for our club and give his senior players a rest?

Last season against Swindon and again this season against Burton we had a chance to give the youth a chance. We have players in our youth set up that could have been given a chance against lower league opposition, but he sticks with the same and again we have the same outcome.

Originally posted by AlwaysBlue View Post
    Again we get a another lacklustre performance from another one of Redknapp's teams....why does he keep picking these players in games like this when he could play youngsters that would bleed for our club and give his senior players a rest?

Last season against Swindon and again this season against Burton we had a chance to give the youth a chance. We have players in our youth set up that could have been given a chance against lower league opposition, but he sticks with the same and again we have the same outcome.
    He gave players who look to potentially be out of the door in january a chance to go somewhere else by showing off. If he chooses to do so for the better of the club then so be it. The youth is not good enough, simple as. We don't have money to spend in January if we are to believe everything and we have players who aren't good enough for us. If we can sell Hoilett, Traore etc in January and replace them well, then we will be grateful for him playing them today.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

personally i think petrasso would be better than hoilett and phillips.as we have seen at burton and at home to sheff utd our fringe players are not good enough therefore maybe he should give players like furlong,sendles white and petrasso a chance.

Comment

Hoilett couldn't trap a bag of cement.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          He gave players who look to potentially be out of the door in january a chance to go somewhere else by showing off. If he chooses to do so for the better of the club then so be it. The youth is not good enough, simple as. We don't have money to spend in January if we are to believe everything and we have players who aren't good enough for us. If we can sell Hoilett, Traore etc in January and replace them well, then we will be grateful for him playing them today.
          Unfortunately these were the worst players yesterday (especially Traore) and were primarily responsible for us losing the game. This indicates that either they do not have the ability to play better or they are quite happy to stay at the Club and get paid for doing nothing.

Comment

How can you say that with any degree of certainty, when they are never given a chance? I find it incredible (and a little pathetic) that we have spent so much time signing young players, with absolutely no intention of playing them. Ehmer and Harriman have impressed when giving a chance, and our U-18's side is one of the best in the country. If we intend to keep surviving from one transfer window to another, we will amount to nothing. Selliing sh*t to buy more sh*t is not the answer.
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 05-01-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Someone should do a poll 'who is the worst player we have that still gets game time'. And put toilett, taoroe and phillips in the poll. Would like to see the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                How can you say that with any degree of certainty, when they are never given a chance? I find it incredible (and a little pathetic) that we have spent so much time signing young players, with absolutely no intention of playing them. Ehmer and Harriman have impressed when giving a chance, and our U-18's side is one of the best in the country. If we intend to keep surviving from one transfer window to another, we will amount to nothing. Signing sh*t to buy more sh*t is not the answer.
                Didn't he play some of the youth players preseason?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Didn't he play some of the youth players preseason?
                  Do you judge the senior players on a handful of games in pre-season? I thought not. Why then should those rules not apply for youth players?

Comment

Harriman is Luton's best player. They are flying in League 2 and are desperate to pin him to a perm deal.

Doesn't get a sniff of even bench action at Qpr. Shameful.

... Same goes for Ehmer, Petrasso etc etc.

Comment

The thing is Harriman and Ehmer aren't kids anymore, they're both 22. I don't think they will ever get a chance at the club. Best thing for their careers is to move away.

Comment

He gave players who look to potentially be out of the door in january a chance to go somewhere else by showing off.

The youth is not good enough, simple as.
                        Point 1

That turned out well didn't it. Any potential suitors of a player like Hoilett will need no further confirmation to keep their cheque books locked away after yet another dismal performance. Hooked at half time against a league 1 side. Embarrassing.

Point 2

How do you know the youth are not good enough if they're not given a chance?

My uncle who's got no knee cap could do better than half of them out there yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                          The thing is Harriman and Ehmer aren't kids anymore, they're both 22. I don't think they will ever get a chance at the club. Best thing for their careers is to move away.
                          The point I was attempting to make was that when Ehmer and Harriman were 19/20, they came in and did a good job when required - the club should've used that as evidence to include them in the first team plans more often. Now, as you say, they are approaching the point in their careers where they should be in the first team or on the fringes. Except they're not, because they are being constantly forced out on loan instead. It's almost as if we don't want young players, as though they're a burden. Instant gratification rather than longer term nurturing of talent seems to be the order of the day in W12. To say (as someone already has) that "they simply aren't good enough" doesn't cut it either. If they aren't good enough, why keep them at the club for so long in the first place? They must have something about them to a) warrant being signed and b) be offered contracts into their 20's. I understand that not all players devlop equally, that potential can sometimes never be fulfilled. But to say they all "simply aren't good enough"? That's nonsense. Anyway you look at it, the club has a fundamental lack of understanding and ability in devloping talent. Redknapp is only part of the problem. The last QPR player brought through from the Academy to play regularly was Ray Jones (RIP)......8 years ago. That is simply not good enough for a club of our middling size and stature.
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 05-01-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

That was the one thing that really got my goat up yesterday... He has two young prospects on the bench that he could of used considering he was moaning that the players were 'tired'

Comment

Petrasso is currently injured I believe and is going off to some Cup competition with Canada soon.

What I don't understand however, is when at HT Harry decides to bring on a second striker, why he doesn't pick the very highly rated striker (and QPR fan to boot) Reece Grego-Cox to replace Hoilett instead of Bobby Zamora who Harry regularly complains can't play too much due to injuries and fitness. Decisions like that perfectly contradict everything Harry says in the press.

Comment

Working...
                              X