Clear All

• When we are slagging Tony off in future

Remember things and times like these.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490
    Kept the faith!

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post

Yep agree tony is more free with his money than most we have had through here also shows what a wise head warnock was !

Comment

why didn't he sign him then instead of all the aging players we signed when tony joined then? he got in joey, Ferdinand, SWP ETC Warnock chats so much breeze sometimes

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post

It is called financial prudence. TF should buy a dictionary and look it up.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Not signing a player like that at £2k a week = financial prudence. Oh c'mon Kirill now you are just being a complete wind up. Change the record please
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Should have gone to Amit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Not signing a player like that at £2k a week = financial prudence. Oh c'mon Kirill now you are just being a complete wind up. Change the record please
              Silly comment, we all know we should be more prudent but this was a big mistake, that kids needs a good coach to get hold of him and he will be bloody dangerous.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

£2,000 a week waste of money ,not when you can getSWP on £50,000 a week
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Didn't Ecclestone and Briatore pay off £10million worth of debt when they bought the club? I certainly wouldn't want them back, and they did more bad than good for the club......but I doubt Fernandes would've even considered buying us if we had still had a financial albatross like that around our necks, so we have that much to be thankful to them for.

The idea that Fernandes is almost excused from criticism because our previous owners made some big mistakes is pretty ludicrous to me. Fernandes has made some huge errors of judgement / retained blind faith with players and managers during his tenure, and has deserved the pelters he has received as a result. He will make mistakes in the future that negatively impact on the club, and will be castigated from some sections as a result - in fairness, he would probably be the first to expect that kind of a reaction. That is the nature of football ownership, whether we (or indeed he) likes it or not.
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 09-12-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Hang on ...Tony Fernandes cannot and should not be held responsible for "showing blind faith in retaining players" surrey. It's not his job.
                    As for faith in managers....well you give someone millions to spend then you really want him to come good. Especially when that man
                    kept you up the season before. A man with a very high rep in football too

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Hang on ...Tony Fernandes cannot and should not be held responsible for "showing blind faith in retaining players" surrey. It's not his job.
                      As for faith in managers....well you give someone millions to spend then you really want him to come good. Especially when that man
                      kept you up the season before. A man with a very high rep in football too
                      That wasn't what I posted - I said that he retained blind faith with managers and players (when it wasn't in the clubs best interests to do so i.e. Samba and Hughes.) A subtle change in composition, but a drastic change in meaning. That is his job, and on occasion he has got it wrong. Not digging him out, but let's call a spade a spade here....he has made mistakes, and has been rightly critcised as a result.

In terms of wanting managers to come good - Fair enough, loyalty shone by chairmen towards managers is generally commendable....unless of course it is startlingly obvious that it isn't working, and is showing no signs of improving. Giving Hughes until November was utterly ridiculous, surely you'll concede that? Staying up the season before was more down to Bolton imploding than it was to do with Hughes' managerial ability - he didn't earn or deserve the amount of time he was given. Again, that was a huge error on Tony's part.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tony is broadly very good for the football club. I just wish he a) would be more decisive when making the big calls and b) keep his manager's on a shorter leash. We have already seen Redknapp hold the board to ransom on signings, just as Hughes did (albeit it in a different fashion.) For me, it sets a worrying precedent in terms of the influence of managers at the club whilst under Tony's ownership.
                      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 09-12-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Any wally with more money than sense can come into a football club and sign 50+ players in 6 transfer windows. The important things like Academy,Stadium and club blueprint are where he will be judged and he can't get any of them off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                          Any wally with more money than sense can come into a football club and sign 50+ players in 6 transfer windows. The important things like Academy,Stadium and club blueprint are where he will be judged and he can't get any of them off the ground.
                          Good point. Drawing up designs for a new stadium and a training ground when we haven't even acquired land for either, let alone gained planning permission, didn't really show the club in the best light. In fairness, I think the academy is improving (albeit from a pretty poor position when TF took-over) and is churning out some good young players - sadly, it doesn't count for much if they don't get a chance in the 1st team (which they won't whilst Arry's in charge.)
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 09-12-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I am not a big fan of Bernie and Flavio but the fact is they bought the club for a pound, got us into the prem and sold us for 80 mill debt free. Good businessmen

Comment

Working...
                            X