Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we survive on our home record only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we survive on our home record only.

Suppose we loose all 19 away games.....that leaves us with only the 19 home league games to survive. If we win 12, there is a big chance for survival as we will be on 38 points. (considering the two draws already gained). Keep in mind that loosing all away games means that all teams around us will take three points off us. If this happens (not sure its possible) will it be a Premier league record?

It's an interesting thought. Think it's possible but I think it depends on a lot of other struggling teams drawing with each other I think.

Comment

Won't happen, we play a lot of the poorer teams away after Christmas, the away points will start soon!

Comment

no....i would say ten points needed away...3 wins n a draw!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Our current form - 7 points from last 6 games - would be enough.

Comment

It hasn't done us any harm so far, we aren't getting relegated at the moment if the season ended and we have no away points
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

How many away games have we played compared to home games though?

Comment

As stated before, all our aways games have been against teams in the top 10.

I believe we'll soon start picking up some away points, especially now our overall play has started improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  no....i would say ten points needed away...3 wins n a draw!

Comment

It's a ridiculous thought to think we can rely on home form alone in the Premier League to stay up, we need a run of 4/5 matches without defeat to move clear of the relegation zone.

Comment

Frustrates me when people say all away games have been against top 10, a couple maybe only in the top 10 due to the 3pts against us. If we don't start getting points away from home I don't see us staying up, but we will

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                          Won't happen, we play a lot of the poorer teams away after Christmas, the away points will start soon!
                          Yep
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Some people dont beleive in statistic bur a team tjat has not won a single match away has never avoyded the drop.
                            Home court mountin 'g with every game.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                              Some people dont beleive in statistic bur a team tjat has not won a single match away has never avoyded the drop.
                              Home court mountin 'g with every game.
                              Great post. But maybe next time don't type with ya toes.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X