Liverpool and Spurs linked with Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool and Spurs linked with Charlie

One of the main reasons to hate the PL. We give Austin a chance in the top tier, he turns out to be dynamite - so the big guns come in and try to steal him off of us. Do these big clubs actually have scouts?

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014...ff+The+Post%29

Love Charlie. His goals are invaluable for us, but he hasn't the pace for a top five club to come in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Love Charlie. His goals are invaluable for us, but he hasn't the pace for a top five club to come in for him.
      Not sure you need lightning pace to be a star in the PL. Shearer, Cole and Fowler weren't in their era, and Diego Costa isn't now. Positioning, composure and physicality are far more important attributes in this league, and Austin has all of them. We would be mad to sell for less than £15m.

Comment

Charlie would be lucky to get 90 minutes a season with a big club. Look at Remy now, a better paid SWP in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
          Charlie would be lucky to get 90 minutes a season with a big club. Look at Remy now, a better paid SWP in the making.
          He would replace Balotelli in the Liverpool line-up, that much I am sure of.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
            He would replace Balotelli in the Liverpool line-up, that much I am sure of.
            Dominic Iorfa- as of now- could do that.

Comment

Dominic Iorfa- as of now- could do that.

Comment

Charlie is great, but i honestly think that he's not top-6 club material yet and i believe that both Liverpool and Tottenham wants bigger name.Liverpool already have Lambert as a back up striker when Sturridge and Balotelli is fit and they are linked Martizez from Porto too.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                  Not sure you need lightning pace to be a star in the PL. Shearer, Cole and Fowler weren't in their era, and Diego Costa isn't now. Positioning, composure and physicality are far more important attributes in this league, and Austin has all of them. We would be mad to sell for less than £15m.
                  We would be mad to sell FULL STOP!

Comment

The reason why I've said Charlie could score in any league is because he reads the game well, in the right places at the right time, has a good shot on him, might not be the fastest but hes reflex speed is good.

If he scores like hes doing then he can replace anyone, if not then something wrong with the sport it's about scoring goals, but like the real world clubs would rather a brand name.

What would you rather have a big name or a goal scorer which you can make money on?

Comment

Charlie will be a prem player next season. One of the reasons i don't want him playing for England, players get tapped up

Comment

Not convinced he is a player a top 8 club will chase but we will do well to hold off interest from an established Prem club such as Newcastle, Stoke or West Ham. Reports he is refusing to sign a contract will have alerted interest and you can be sure his agent will be doing little to dampen the interest. If he stays fit and carries on scoring we will do well to hold on to him at the end of the season but hopefully the board will see that letting him go in Jan wd consign us to relegation - no point getting 10m for Austin if relegation costs us 60m.

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
                          Charlie is great, but i honestly think that he's not top-6 club material yet and i believe that both Liverpool and Tottenham wants bigger name.Liverpool already have Lambert as a back up striker when Sturridge and Balotelli is fit and they are linked Martizez from Porto too.
                          are Spurs and Liverpool a top 6 club
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

If he's going to go I wouldn't mind striking a deal with Liverpool in January then selling him to Spurs at the last minute so it's to late for them to sign somebody else leaving them in shlt street

Comment

Giroud hasn't pace, Lambert hasn't pace to name just two.

He's a target man. All clubs could do with one and he'll only get better.

7 in 11? Could be a worry for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X