Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did us beating derby at wembley benefit them longterm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did us beating derby at wembley benefit them longterm??

now top of the championship and still have the winning mentality.......maclarean obviously a decent manager as he has lost a couple of players yet replaced them with ease it seems .....they will be stronger for the experience and will hold them in good stead when the go up as i think thery will!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

good luck to them, horrible way to lose a game of that importance, doesn't help having Forest rubbing it in 24/7 either. May come back to haunt them (Forest) come May time
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Happy for mcclaren but hold no affection otherwise-f cuk 'em. To answer the question..yes losing to us has give them the strong mentality needed to win that lge.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

They'll fizzle out.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Because the charcter is there and the dressing room is strong and controlled very well unlike us.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We were in the same position as they are now last season. This is a tough division and it is impossible to say who will be at the top at the end of the season. God forbid it could even be Fulham.

Comment

Add a poll facto 'do you wish we had lost the play off final'.
              Yes
              No
              Not Bothered.

Comment

dont be daft kevin of course none of us would have wanted us to lose that day.....sunday was sort of similar as i believe we may be stronger for that defeat and become more professional in seeing out a result!

Comment

It didn't do us any harm when we lost in Cardiff
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Still early days yet, a lot could happen in the last 2/3s of the season.

A few injuries at a bad time and they could go from a good team to an average team. And there are other teams out there who start off slow but get stronger in the later parts of the season.

Comment

really think the fools will make a late run!

Comment

Yep - Derby will benefit as much as Leicester did the season before. Very good team with a very good manager.

Still think Fulham will win it once they get on a run.

Comment

if we went down and they went up and stayed in the prem for years, i still wouldnt change a ####ing thing

that day will live with me forever

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post
                            if we went down and they went up and stayed in the prem for years, i still wouldnt change a ####ing thing

that day will live with me forever
                            Yep one of the best days as a rangers fan.

but i did say at the time we weren't ready to go straight back up and another season of consolidation it he championship may be more beneficial in the long term. doing it this way i fear we are going to be a Yo -Yo club for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              Yep one of the best days as a rangers fan.

but i did say at the time we weren't ready to go straight back up and another season of consolidation it he championship may be more beneficial in the long term. doing it this way i fear we are going to be a Yo -Yo club for years to come.
                              Speaking from a purely financial point of view, that can be a good situation for clubs to be in.

West Brom did that for a while until they turned the corner and stabilized themselves in the top league. They didn't have players on big contracts (which is the key part) and the flex up and flex down stipulations meant relegation never hurt them in the accounts. They had a team that was strong enough to finish in the top 2 in the Championship, but with not enough depth to finish outside of the bottom 3 in the Premier League. The parachute payments one season, then Premier League money the year after paid for everything they were doing off the pitch, allowing them to grow slowly.

If QPR didn't have a huge fine hanging over their heads I would not be as fearful of relegation. That's why I personally think we need a Tony Pulis who can guarantee you Premier League football while he is in charge. The club needs to stabilize and grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X