Manchester United Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester United Away

Has anyone ever used the Man UTD train station outside the away end. Looking at travelling up to the match from Bristol but not sure if the station is open and how often the trains are to Piccadilly. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Do you mean the the little one behind the main stand? If so, they don't open that on match days, it's too small to cope. They'll try to get you to use Old Trafford tram station but that's a nightmare to queue for.

Whenever I've been to OT, we've always used Salford Quays on the tram. Little bit further to walk (across the canal) but nice and easy to get away from. All the trams leave from Piccadilly
    Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

Thanks Johnny, Apparently there is a little station behind the south stand that goes straight to Piccadilly

Comment

Its not too far to walk back to Piccadilly as long as its not raining and takes about 40 minutes

Comment

Rubbish trip. Never enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
            Do you mean the the little one behind the main stand? If so, they don't open
            that on match days, it's too small to cope. They'll try to get you to use Old Trafford tram station but that's a nightmare to queue for.

Whenever I've been to OT, we've always used Salford Quays on the tram. Little bit further to walk (across the canal) but nice and easy to get away from. All the trams leave from Piccadilly
            Same as that Johny, pop over to the Quays quite a few pubs over there to have a beer while waiting for the tram queue to go down ..........
            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Rubbish trip. Never enjoyed it.
              Waste of time, money and effort really can't understand why fans get excited about going Old Trafford.

Comment

I looked at using that station as needed get back to pic by 530 for cheap trains. Spoke my man utd mate who is season ticket holder and said there is no chance station is open but you will still be queuing an hour after the game had ended so we have opted to drive. Was a shame as could have done return on train for £40

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Waste of time, money and effort really can't understand why fans get excited about going Old Trafford.
                  One of the worst away days out there.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    Waste of time, money and effort really can't understand why fans get excited
                    about going Old Trafford.
                    I'm not excited, just so happens now I'm an exile it's one of the nearest games.

Great night out after .............. Except the chumps @ Sky have ruined it by moving it to Sunday
                    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

That station was open when we played them in the league cup under ainsworth

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                        That station was open when we played them in the league cup under ainsworth
                        Dowie was gaffer ;)

You're right though it was open, I used it to get to and from the game. Wasn't too bad actually, got the train direct from Oxford Road.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Will have to look into it further :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            Dowie was gaffer ;)

You're right though it was open, I used it to get to and from the game. Wasn't too bad actually, got the train direct from Oxford Road.
                            No. Ainsworth was in charge, not Dowie. Dowie was Villa away when we won 1-0

Comment

It DOES open after game (they keep it quiet though) but just for some random trains into city centre stations. Unless you leave 5/10 mins before end and start queuing in the pens under the stand that lead to the platform you have little chance of actually getting on a train. It might work when that stand is half empty (like in the League Cup game with us a few years ago) but for a full ground/league game you have no chance.
                              In any case, there's railway works taking place on that line on Sundays so most services that use that line are off. Basically, I would not rely on using that station.... either walk or use the metro.

Comment

Working...
                              X