Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I'd have done it earlier but have been offline for a while. Better late than never though and anyone can change their vote to this before the poll closes, if they wish.
    It's just wishful thinking on my part. Sack neither and HR will lead us to safety with AT as his saviour

Comment

• Taarabt a failure in the Premier League?

I keep reading here that Taarabt has failed in the Premier League. But the stats show otherwise.

Here are the stats for 2012/2013.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2012-2013

Here, Taarabt created the 7th most chances per game in the whole of the league.
      And his average rating of 7.22 was 35th highest in the Premier League - considering there are over 220 players, that is hardly a failure.

And here are the stats for 2011/2012.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2011-2012

Here, Taarabt created the 11th most chances per game in the whole of the league.
      And his average rating of 6.99 was 71st highest in the Premier League - not great at all, but still better than half the players.

Of course stats don't tell the whole picture, but they do tell 75% of the picture.
      What is interesting about the stats is how few goals he scores despite the huge number of shots he has - and we'll all agree with this, his shooting is often poor.
      But in other areas, such as creativity and dribbling, he is up there with the best - in 2012/2013, he had the second most dribbles after Suarez, and his success rate at dribbles was higher than Suarez and Bale.

I think when you look at the amount of rubbish players Taarabt was surrounded with in the Premier League, such as Diakite, M'bia, SWP etc, he actually did quite well.

Comment

• Originally posted by diao84 View Post
        It's very rare for a player to have his contract cancelled. The club would prefer to keep their asset and hope they can sell him.

He would have a certain value in the books. Let's say it's £5million for arguments sake. They would prefer to sell for £3-4m rather than just lose the full £5m off the books.
        if his contract ends this coming may he has little or no sell on value certainly not what the club will have paid him by may

Comment

• Where that thread dedicated to Adel gone??
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhysthomsonqpr View Post
            then we are in our rights as a club to terminate his contract if he declines getting fit and training his in his twenties surley hes energetic and enthusiastic! but then again hes a high earner so probably isnt motivated so drop his money to 20k a week till he proves himself... sorted
            He's in today posing on a fitness cycle so technically training all on his side isn't it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Where that thread dedicated to Adel gone??
              Surely this is a completely different topic to AD vs HT, and should be in it's own thread.

Maybe the moderators can clarify?

Comment

• You're only as good as your last game in football. So by that measure adel is Jason Lee and vargas is ####ing Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
                  IOf course stats don't tell the whole picture, but they do tell 75% of the picture.
                  What is interesting about the stats is how few goals he scores despite the huge number of shots he has - and we'll all agree with this, his shooting is often poor.
                  It's not his poor shooting that was the problem (although a few more on target would have been appreciated) rather that he chose to shoot rather than pass to better placed team mates, and still didn't hit the spot.

Stats don't tell half the story let alone 75%

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    I mention some time ago that if a player is not giving his best while receiving his wages, the club will be right to cancel his contract. My post was answered here as being too aggressive and that football is not like any other job.

Well, after the Harry/Adel fiasco, according to a leading employment lawyer at Irwin Mitchell, Glenn Hayes, 'the struggling club must give the Moroccan every opportunity to lose weight and support him with this over the coming months, however if the player does not cooperate and is unable to fulfil his contract as a result of his weight, the club could lawfully dismiss the player.'

And he continued.....'The reality of the situation is that QPR have one of their highest earners not playing football. He is potentially a key member of the QPR squad and presumably like all players, he will have clauses in his contract that relate to his fitness and willingness to train.

‘If he isn’t meeting these, and it appears that he is not willing to change, then the club could look to lawfully terminate the contract.

‘If the Taarabt situation occurred in the corporate world and a senior executive was not fulfilling their duties, the business wouldn’t hesitate to take action to protect their financial position. It should be no different in sport, but then again football does sometimes operate in a bubble when it comes to employment law.’

That goes for any other player...not only Adel.
                    If a boss in a corporate or governmental world would say what HR did to a female employee he would surely be close to breaking some rules

Comment

Surely this is a completely different topic to AD vs HT, and should be in it's own thread.

Spot on.... 'should be in its own thread' - the 1 that was set up for all Adel related threads, otherwise we end up with a $hit load of Adel threads.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Plenty threads already on this but I do agree. If his finishing was better he'd have more goals (not sure why it was so poor, seemed to finish off everything in the champs..finishing ability shouldn't change) and if others got on the end of his chances he'd have more assists. If that happened there's be no debate. That's why I reckon he'd do really well for us this season.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by Pal View Post
                          It's not his poor shooting that was the problem (although a few more on target would have been appreciated) rather that he chose to shoot rather than pass to better placed team mates, and still didn't hit the spot.

Stats don't tell half the story let alone 75%
                          But I bet if the stats showed Adel was in the bottom 10 players in the Premier League you'd be waving them about and saying "LOOK, ADEL IS ****!"

Comment

I keep reading here that Taarabt has failed in the Premier League. But the stats show otherwise.

Here are the stats for 2012/2013.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2012-2013

Here, Taarabt created the 7th most chances per game in the whole of the league.
                            And his average rating of 7.22 was 35th highest in the Premier League - considering there are over 220 players, that is hardly a failure.

And here are the stats for 2011/2012.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2011-2012

Here, Taarabt created the 11th most chances per game in the whole of the league.
                            And his average rating of 6.99 was 71st highest in the Premier League - not great at all, but still better than half the players.

Of course stats don't tell the whole picture, but they do tell 75% of the picture.
                            But in other areas, such as creativity and dribbling, he is up there with the best - in 2012/2013, he had the second most dribbles after Suarez, and his success rate at dribbles was higher than Suarez and Bale.

I think when you look at the amount of rubbish players Taarabt was surrounded with in the Premier League, such as Diakite, M'bia, SWP etc, he actually did quite well.
                            He was our best player by a mile the last time we came up and even after the money spent now he is still our best player now

Has was poorly treated by Redknapp then and has been poorly treated again ( I know he isn't easy manage and doesn't help himself)

If Mark Hughes can get Taarabt tracking back then you would of thought Mr motivator Redknapp would be able to
                            Last edited by Rangersw12; 22-10-2014, 02:05 PM.
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Spot on.... 'should be in its own thread' - the 1 that was set up for all Adel related threads, otherwise we end up with a $hit load of Adel threads.
                              Why would I read one Adel thread on anything? If Adel gives an interview, I want to read about it, if people are discussing whether Adel is fat, I don't. Therefore, you should have different threads for different topics, then people can choose the ones they want to read.

Comment

Im just fed up talking about the muppet to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X