Deeney - a Watford Fan's view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeney - a Watford Fan's view

Had a chat with a long time Watford fan the other day. I'm in St Albans so there are plenty to go around, here

The subject of our supposed interest in Troy Deeney came up.

His view is that he's basically a lazy player. He doesn't work hard for the team, doesn't work hard to make space for himself to create chances. The reason he scores regularly in the Champ is that despite this, the defenders are often slow enough that his pace can be enough to open up the chance.

He is very dubious of him being able to make the step-up to the Prem - where he would have to work consistently hard against Prem quality defenders to try and fashion chances.

Perhaps best leave him to Leicester then? (not that I've heard too much on any ongoing interest from us over the last week or so)

He seems to be a player who drifts in and out of matches.maybe a bit nonchalant and effortless in his way of playing, but that is sometimes how a goalscorer work. Charlie Austin I.e is a different type.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

SNAXO

SNAXO THAT WATFORD FAN IS SIMPLY TRYING TO PROTECK WATFORDS INTEREST

IVE DONE RESERCH AND....................

his weakness is when facing defenders hes not a clever dribbler and looks a bit of a a lost cause

but his strengths are his amazing ability to get into the right place at the right time......7 out of ten

his heading abilty............................................ .................................................. 8 out of ten

his fitness level can match les ferdinand......................................... ......................10 out of ten

speed he is faster than what you think he is deceptive......................................... ...7 out of ten

value.............between 9 and 1o million he could keep qpr in this division so hes a good buy
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Seems like a lot f positives to me, work on his work rate and you have a player on your hands.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

I agree about his deceptive pace, he's slower than he looks!

Comment

We should offer £5m tops then move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              We should offer £5m tops then move on.
              I think we did and it looks like we have!

Comment

Personally I hope we don't sign Deeney. I can't see him cutting it at Premiership level, another Jay Bothroyd in my opinion!

Comment

Worked hard against us at LR
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    Worked hard against us at LR
                    Don't they all....

Comment

http://www.footballfancast.com/premi...r-to-hot-shot?

Comment

The day I listen to a Watford fan is the day I'm wearing a Chelsea shirt, ain't gonna happen

Comment

Five million and SWP.

Comment

Basically an Austin replica with a worse attitude. Not for me. Much prefer Jordan Rhodes if we're going down the championship route. I'm sure we could get Chicarito for 10 million and would much prefer him to Deeney.
                            :drunk:

Comment

if that fee for Shane Long is correct than clubs will have to pay stupid money even for bog standard strikers
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                              X