Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the Harry bashers, what you think of him now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before any pedants have a go, yes of course the play-offs and individual matches/tactical tweaks/selections/media statements etc change my views on a manager *to some extent*. I'm not saying my views are 100% set in stone. But I've certainly thought things through to the point where HR couldn't suddenly become a great manager for us (backdated to last summer?) based on a last minute winner.

Comment

• Why would winning one match suddenly invalidate all of the above?[/QUOTE]

this comment is entirely fair and I agree with you

all I'm saying is that the objective was to get us up and that's been achieved

don't make him a great manager but the bottom line last season was the be all and end all IMO

had we not gone up, e really could have slid into obscurity

most performances were very poor last season and there's no hiding from that but he got us up, with a huge slice of luck and that was the most important thing last season

Comment

• There have been reasonable arguments on both sides imo

I think Geng has a point. You have to look at this objectively, which means forgetting about one minute and looking at the quality of his decision making during the whole of his reign, and also think about the future.

In a long career Harry has had successes and failures as you would expect. The fact is that a change is going to have to be made soon anyway, and we should be preparing for that now.

Comment

• Why is everyone going on about 'one game', to be able to play in that 'one game' you have to perform at a high level for the whole of the season, we weren't out of the top four all season, and we went up on merit.
          We weren't fourth from bottom and got a golden ticket to the play off final.

Some of the games weren't great but we did what we had to do, dug in a got results. Maybe if we didn't have a champ side most managers would give their right arm for lying on the treatment table, we might have played better football and taken a few teams to the cleaners instead of grinding out a one nil win.

Be happy about the situation we are in, and thankful to the guy who put us there. They'll be time enough for moaning next season after we get beat on a wet Wednesday in Hull.

Comment

• does anyone know if Harry is in brazil for the sun paper? Be good if he is cos he can do some serious scouting and tapping up as well.

Comment

• eye spy a lot of people in this thread who have recently drunk the hatorade

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                For what it's worth, and I think this is a fairly important point, I think the fact the moaners are *still moaning even after a dream end to the season* demonstrates a fair bit of intellectual consistency. If you spent February, March and April moaning about how awful we are only to start saying "at the end of the day he done the job he was asked to do" you need to have a think about how you form your opinions.

I have the same analysis of Harry's ability as a manager and the job he's done with us now as I did in the 85th minute vs Derby, as I did ten mins after that, as I did before the play-offs began, as I did after that awful Charlton game, as I did after we put five past Forest, and so on.

That's because I've based my view on Harry on a whole bunch of things that have played out over a long period of time - how we performed across 38 games, relative to squad strength; how HR dealt with the bad attitudes in the dressing room; how we looked tactically and in terms of effort and teamwork; the effectiveness of his substitutions; the players he brought in, the ones he let go; his media spiel, good and bad.

I'd reached the conclusion he wasn't doing a great job a long time ago.

Why would winning one match suddenly invalidate all of the above?
                Don't make this same mistake again - avoiding results-based thinking is important!

Comment

Working...
                X